Is there a scale in the fitness rooms?

glentally

Yes, and when I couldn't find one in the gym they told me to go down in the infirmary and they will let you use theirs.

Good Luck to you!!!!

We were directed to the infirmary as well and that's when we were told the scales were broken due to misuse. When we arrived at the infirmary the duty nurse asked us if we intended to weigh luggage. :)

Edited by sanmarcosman

This is how the scales get broken and why Carnival took out the scales for years.

Curious, how can a scale be broken by weighing 40-60 pound bags??

More likely people in gyms love to screw with the calibration to make people think they gained lots of weight..happens all the time at the various gyms I use.

Curious, how can a scale be broken by weighing 40-60 pound bags??

More likely people in gyms love to screw with the calibration to make people think they gained lots of weight..happens all the time at the various gyms I use.

I'm not an engineer. I reported the situation here as it was told to me by several staff members on board.

I'm not an engineer. I reported the situation here as it was told to me by several staff members on board.

I definitely believe it. I imagine it isn't so much the weight of the luggage but probably how people are using it. Likely damaging them since I know they can be a bit fragile if you're doing anything but putting your own two feet on them. Creative though, never would have thought to go to the gym to weigh my bags :P

Word of the wise at the airport: you can usually go up to any counters that are closed and use the scale there. The digital reading is almost always in a place where passengers can see the reading in front of the calendar. At least that's been our experience. Now we just bring a small hand-held digital scale. Sorry to go a bit off topic :P

Good luck maintaining your 20 pound weight loss! Lots of walking, plenty of water, light meals and enjoy your vacation.

DH and I have recently lost a lot of weight....but I am going to enjoy without going waaay out there. One week to enjoy, 51 weeks to eat healthy. :)

Stand on one side of the ship then run over to the other side and see how much it lists. :rolleyes:

No seriously, great job on the 20lb loss! I usually eat better and get more exercise on a cruise so I generally loose weight. A previous poster is correct too. A lot of what is gained is fluid from all the extra salt and can go away pretty fast. Use the stairs and try to walk a lot in the ports. It will help balance out the richer foods you eat on the ship.

I have had bad luck on vacation with weight gain. I have lost over 120 lbs over the last several years and have been trying to maintain. About the last 7 lbs is all water and I can easily gain 12-18lbs on a 7 night cruise. Though half of that falls off within a a few days of going back to normal.

I find that no real amount of exercise will prevent weight gain on a cruise. You can very easily out eat any good exercise regiment. Imaging, you can easily eat a couple dishes at dinner for 1500 calories that would take a couple hours of rigorous cardio exercise to burn off. You really need to manage caloric intake to not gain weight and who wants to worry about managing caloric intake on a cruise.

I have just learned that I will lose as much before the cruise so when I come back I am not as bad off as if I hadn't worked hard before the cruise.

yes there is a scale there. My husband needed to weigh for medical reasons. The attendant in the gym said it is very inaccurate if you weigh while the ship is in motion. You need to weigh while the ship is docked in port for an accurate weight. Weigh before the ship leaves the embarkation port and then weigh when you are docked to monitor any weight gain.