It's been a while since I've seen tips or fav's for the PG

hugger

The 'Asian" chicken soup is complex, not "hot" spicy but rich in multiple flavors. Used to be made with coconut cream which tames any possible "hotness" but I think now it is more broth than cream. I would say it is more "exotic" since it contains "asian" herbs and spices that are not typically American.

DH always tries the lobster bisque which is very rich - heavy with cream - so between the two I find the "asian" chicken to be the lighter alternative. Best thing is you can try the "asian" soup and if you don't like it, you can order something else or save room for two desserts. :cool:

Hugger: I don't think there is anything we haven't tried in the PG at one time or another with the exception of the new pay extra for dishes. I love the Wild Mushroom Ravioli ( I ask for a half portion ) the risotto seems to depend on the chef as does the Chocolate Volcano Cake. I am a huge fan of the Lobster Bisque. You do have to ask now if you want the alcohol swirled in.

At lunch I am a huge fan of the Pacific Rim Salad with steak strips and mesclan and a wonderful oriental dressing. Yum. And I can eat the whole thing - or almost.

THANK YOU I hadn't thought of asking for a half portion on the side to try!

What alcohol do they swirl in the Lobster Bisque? Do you like it that way?

Isn't it incredible that we have this venue to share these idea's and experiences. I was in the travel industry for year's - it's been a LONG time ago and things change. Back then the only way to know this type of thing is IF you actually met someone in person that shared this knowledge with you. Now we can share so much more with a much larger group of people.

Thank you for the clarification of the Asian Chicken soup. I love different herbs and spices - I may give it a try - maybe they could bring me a cup rather than a bowl to taste. It sounds intriguing . . .

BTW IF you could only see my spice/herb collection - I just went through the process of reorganizing my pantry shelves where I keep some of them - I think I may have traded in my addiction to shoe's for spices/herbs in my senior year's LOL

THANK YOU I hadn't thought of asking for a half portion on the side to try!

What alcohol do they swirl in the Lobster Bisque? Do you like it that way?

Isn't it incredible that we have this venue to share these idea's and experiences. I was in the travel industry for year's - it's been a LONG time ago and things change. Back then the only way to know this type of thing is IF you actually met someone in person that shared this knowledge with you. Now we can share so much more with a much larger group of people.

I agree with you about this wonderful site. I believe that it is cognac that is used. Yes, I like it. :D

Newest Menu:

The Pinnacle Dinner is $29 per person. You can book the dinner either online, through Ship’s Services at 1-800-541-1576 or once you are on the ship.

Starters:

TOMATO BROTH WITH SPICY LEMONGRASS CHICKEN with flavors of kaffir lime and cilantro

LOBSTER BISQUE

crème fraîche and aged cognac

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

brandy horseradish cocktail sauce

CAESAR SALAD

heart of romaine, grated parmesan cheese, garlic

croutons, anchovies and house-made dressing

BEEFSTEAK TOMATO AND BASIL

sliced red onion, pesto, extra virgin

olive oil and balsamic reduction

* STEAK TARTARE

seasoned finely-chopped Double R Ranch beef

accompanied with parsley, cornichon, capers and red onion

JUMBO-LUMP CRAB CAKES

sweet chili-mustard sauce

* OSSETRA MALOSSOL CAVIAR $45

served on ice with crème fraîche and buckwheat blini

THE GRILL

DOUBLE R RANCH STEAKS

served with your choice of hand-crafted sauce:

sun-dried tomato ° master chef ’s green peppercorn ° béarnaise ° horseradish-mustard ° hollandaise ° maitre d’ garlic butter

* 7OZ. PETITE FILET MIGNON

* 10 OZ. FILET MIGNON

* 23 OZ. PORTERHOUSE

* 12 OZ NEW YORK STRIP STEAK

* 18 OZ. BONE-IN RIB EYE STEAK

* GRILLED COLORADO LAMB CHOPS

spiced apple chutney, fresh mint sauce

* DOUBLE-CUT KUROBUTA PORK CHOP

marinated in rosemary, garlic and pepper vinegar with scallions

ROASTED JIDORI CHICKEN WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS

cider vinegar jus, forbiden ric

e cake with quinoa and apricot, mâche salad and toasted pistachio nuts

SEAFOOD

* BROILED ALASKAN KING SALMON

with lemon garlic herb splash

KING CRAB LEGS $20

your choice steamed or broiled served with drawn butter

* CEDAR PLANKED PACIFIC HALIBUT WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI

roasted garlic and cilantro butter

WEST COAST STYLE SEAFOOD CIOPPINO

tomato braised clams, mussels, shrimp, Alaskan crab and halibut

THE VEGETARIAN INTRIGUE

BAKED-STUFFED EGGPLANT

ragoût of zucchini, onion, eggplant and tomato on creamy polenta

WILD MUSHROOM RAVIOLI

in pesto cream sauce

ROASTED PUMPKIN RISOTTO

mascarpone cheese and Swiss chard

SHAREABLE SIDES

wilted spinach - sautéed mushrooms - baby carrots - grilled asparagus

Brussels sprouts with Parmesan and pancetta - classic whipped potatoes - shoestring fries with truffle aïoli

INDIVIDUAL SIDE

jumbo baked Idaho potato

Holland America Line only serves sustainable seafood

THE FINALE

NOT-SO-CLASSIC BAKED ALASKA

Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream with Bing cherries jubilee

WARM GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE VOLCANO CAKE

the ultimate chocolate experience

PINNACLE SOUFFLÉ

vanilla soufflé with base of mixed berry compote and finished with molten Drambuie cream truffle

LEMON-BRÛLÉE TART

blueberry whipped cream

CREAMY HOMEMADE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE

served with fresh berries

FRESH BERRIES

with a Sabayon sauce

PREMIUM ICE CREAM AND SORBET

DAILY CHEESE PLATE

The quoted PG menu is outdated. Lump crab is now Dungeness Crab, the Colorado Lamb is now just Lamb, Crab Legs are no longer on the menu.

Here is the current menu that I scanned in May 2015 that includes the wines and after-dinner drinks:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pinnacle-Grill-Dinner1.pdf

According to the menu, the lobster bisque is made with "aged cognac".

Edited by Crew News

2015 menu

Sad to see some things have gone by the wayside. I know they have to change the menu every so often to keep it fresh. If they kept it the same people would get tired of it too.

Hopefully, they will bring some of the loved dishes back on the next update.

Loved the lobster bisque and how it was served (bowl arrived with the lobster then the broth was added) - very flavourful. Also liked the crab cakes and did them as a main which was lots given the sides. I tried the baked Alaska and was not impressed so next time it will be back to the chocolate volcano cake which continue to be a hit.

But, the best part of was the staff all of whom were terrific but, on Noordam, we had the special treat of being entertained by Rey Rey (wine steward) who should be a stand-up comic. He truly made our evening!!

Loved the lobster bisque and how it was served (bowl arrived with the lobster then the broth was added) - very flavourful. Also liked the crab cakes and did them as a main which was lots given the sides. I tried the baked Alaska and was not impressed so next time it will be back to the chocolate volcano cake which continue to be a hit.

But, the best part of was the staff all of whom were terrific but, on Noordam, we had the special treat of being entertained by Rey Rey (wine steward) who should be a stand-up comic. He truly made our evening!!

I agree with you truly a wonderful part of the cruise experience is interacting with the staff and crew. We miss the day's when they weren't so stressed and overworked - had more time to get to know them back then.

The Lobster Bisque is certainly on our list to try this next cruise.

I agree with you truly a wonderful part of the cruise experience is interacting with the staff and crew. We miss the day's when they weren't so stressed and overworked - had more time to get to know them back then.

The Lobster Bisque is certainly on our list to try this next cruise.

Do you mean the Pinnacle staff? I haven't noticed that they're overworked. The rest of the waitstaff and cabin stewards, yes, I've noticed that they have less time to be social than in the past. I haven't seen it in Pinnacle, but in the MDR, I have seen supervisors (Asst Maitre d's?) step in to help clear plates, etc, if waiter teams are running behind.