Go Best - Still saying I have to pre-pay gratuities?

BurghMLR

Hi, has anyone else run into this issue:

I booked a cruise with the Go Best option, which includes pre-paid gratuities. When I log into my account, it still gives me the option to add them to my reservation. So, thinking this was just a weird Celebrity website thing, I un-clicked the option and continued to make my final payment. After it went through, I got a message saying that I still owe the amount for the pre-paid gratuities in order to keep my reservation. What is going on?

I thought this was included in my fare, so I'm utterly confused.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

How long ago did you book? It normally takes about 2 weeks for the promotion credit for the gratuities to appear. right now Celebrity is in the middle of a complete software "upgrade" and probably cannot do anything. As jelayne said give Celebrity a call. Suggest you wait until Monday afternoon or midday on Tuesday as fewer people call then.

Will be interesting to see if the latest attempt at an upgrade makes things truly more functional and efficient.

You have to have them added to your invoice, then they will be credited back to it later. They're saying about 1-2 weeks right now for that to be done.

If you're booking on your own using the Celebrity website, add them to your booking. Pay your deposit. Get a new invoice in about 2 weeks to make sure the gratuities were taken off. Or, have your TA do all this instead.

Yes we had similar problem. We no longer make payments on the web site because it messes up the invoice horrifically. We contacted Celebrity vacation planner direct and he added the gratuities to the charges portion and credited to the total due. It was explained to me that if the charge does not appear the gratuities are not paid to the staff. So in order for it to balance one column gets credited and the other column gets the debit and your balance becomes accurate. Took 20 minutes, he e-mailed me the receipt, it now sits in the folder all ready for the trip.:cool: