Crown 10/10 departure time

rtlk

I just noticed that the Crown is scheduled to depart from Los Angeles at ^PM instead of the regular 4 or 5 pm on other Costal Cruises to San Francisco, does anyone know why?

We usually get to the terminal around 10:30 or 11 and with out Elite status are on board by noon. We don't want to wait around in the terminal forever to board what would be the best time with this late departure to show up.

Thanks for the help!:)

The Crown sails at 6pm. I don't think there should be any check-in or boarding difference. Even with a 4pm sailing, it's not unusual for a ship to sail from San Pedro after 5pm. FYI, the Ruby sailed today after 5pm. :)

I have sailed late out of San Pedro nearly every time. I will be on that cruise, myself. I don't expect any problems with boarding. I plan to show up at my usual early time (before noon) and then see what happens. (Since that is my "home" port, I'm more familiar with San Pedro than other places.)

Thanks, everyone, my TA got nowhere with Princess, they said to on the phone to board after 2, we might just show up as usual, my wife does not tolerate heat well and I just don't want to get trapped outside for several hours.

Thanks, everyone, my TA got nowhere with Princess, they said to on the phone to board after 2, we might just show up as usual, my wife does not tolerate heat well and I just don't want to get trapped outside for several hours.

Check the personalizer for special notices. See if they have a notice for staggered boarding.

If they do, you can figure that boarding will start by the first suggested time even if you are not on that deck.

Did not see anything in the Personalizer related to special notices. What section would that be in?

Click on the "Travel Itinerary"

Below the list of ports and sea days is a section labeled "Notifications"

In that section there pay be a section something like this:

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready. All guests must be on board one hour prior to sailing.

12:30 PM - Aloha & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L 1:00 PM - Dolphin & Emerald Decks - Cabin on these decks begin with D & E 1:30 PM - Caribe & Fiesta Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with C & F 2:00 PM - Plaza & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with P & R 2:30 PM - Baja Deck - Cabins on this deck begin with B

Thank you, I found it at the bottom of the list. It says that boarding will start at 1PM and all must be on board by 3:30. Seems like the standard statement,

still wondering why the change from 4PM, which tracks with the need to be on board by 3:30...

Thanks again for the help!

still wondering why the change from 4PM, which tracks with the need to be on board by 3:30...

It probably won't leave at 6 pm anyway. :) Who knows the reasons why (I've heard many versions) but ships leave out of San Pedro late all the time. It won't affect the cruise too much, though. Once we had late seating dinner on the Golden and were still in port for all of it. We didn't leave that time until midnight (scheduled was 5 pm).

I'm not allowed to board until 2:30. I hope this doesn't mean I miss early MDR lunch!

If the 2:30 is because of a notice of boarding times by deck, you can ignore it (it is really only a suggestion) and be there earlier and checked in by the time boarding starts.

However, if boarding does not start until after 1:30, then there will be no MDR lunch for any new passengers.

I'm not allowed to board until 2:30. I hope this doesn't mean I miss early MDR lunch!

Mom.and I are going early to get a disabled parking slot (I use a walker) I hope they let us in.

The disabled parking gets used up fast, so get there early. You will board with the assisted group, so that will get you on a little earlier than others. If there is no lunch, I will be disappointed, too. The buffet will be a mob scene. Try to find a place in the atrium near the IC and sit there. If there is a person serving drinks, he/she will be happy to help you get something from the IC for lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

This was by far, the most exciting embarkation I have ever experienced.

I was down at the pier by 11:15 and boarded by noon (even though my boarding pass said 2:45 PM). It did help to be Elite. Lunch in the main dining room.

Then the Crown lost power. The Captain did come on the speaker and explain why, but I didn't pay too much attention. The emergency lights went on and then the generator kicked in.

Masses of people were on this vessel for the Magic Premier. The ship was full of people with special badges. I didn't get an invitation and felt slighted.

I had others joining me on this cruise. They were stuck in the terminal. The mooring broke loose, the gangway disengaged, and they couldn't board passengers until it was deemed safe. My friends did not come on until late in the afternoon.

With all of this happening (trying to get passengers on and viewers off), the Crown left San Pedro even later than 6 PM.

Insult to injury: Muster drill was delayed to 5:45. MDR was open seating. Confusion was the word of the day. Country Splashdown took over Club Fusion every night.

This was the wrong cruise to be on for me. Wish there was a way to filter these events before booking. I had a good time because of the friends that were on board with me.