iOS 9 does not work on RCI

curry767

I am currently on the Independence of the Seas and I am currently unable to log into ship wifi with my iphone running iOS 9.2.

Works fine on my Kindle Fire tablet, but I want to use my phone to access wifi dependent applications on the iphone.

Any suggestions for an iphone user would be appreciated. Guest services can't get it to work either.

Thank you.

I'll be on Allure in a couple of weeks, so this is an interesting thread to follow. My iphone 6 is still running 9.1. I have been bugged everyday about upgrading to 9.2 (now 9.2.1), but have been holding off. If there is indeed an issue specifically 9.2.x, I will definitely not upgrade before my cruise!

It would be great for any recent or current Voom users that had success with an iphone6 to share with the board what exact version they are running (both sides of the dot)... :)

Just returned from a b2b2b on Jewel. Hubby has IOS working on 9.2.1 and had no problems with internet on his phone and Jewel has the worst internet in the fleet!!:D

Edit to add that they only time we experienced a problem with the phone and lap top was when we were in port with Serenade....then we had no internet whatsoever. Everything cleared up once either ship left port.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just returned from a b2b2b on Jewel. Hubby has IOS working on 9.2.1 and had no problems with internet on his phone and Jewel has the worst internet in the fleet!!:D

No, I will bet you whatever you would like to drink in October that Vision's internet is worse than Jewel's!

Edit to add that they only time we experienced a problem with the phone and lap top was when we were in port with Serenade....then we had no internet whatsoever. Everything cleared up once either ship left port.

Is Jewel using Voom or the older Internet? I think the main issue people have posted about is with the Voom...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Jewel using Voom or the older Internet? I think the main issue people have posted about is with the Voom...

Jewel and Vision are still on the old (slow) internet.

However, I'm not sure that makes a difference. When we were on Oasis last year, which already has Voom, it appeared to have the same exact authentication interface as the slow internet ships.

I just remembered something that I had tried when on Liberty of the Seas.

If I couldn't seem to get a login page after connecting to the Wi-Fi, I used Safari to go to logout.com to force the system to ensure I was logged out. Sometimes that helped me get to the login page.

(That said, the internet onboard was dreadful and we had problems connecting unrelated to iOS.)

If I couldn't seem to get a login page after connecting to the Wi-Fi, I used Safari to go to logout.com to force the system to ensure I was logged out. Sometimes that helped me get to the login page.

(That said, the internet onboard was dreadful and we had problems connecting unrelated to iOS.)

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me and I'm using the desktops in the computer lounge . There have been lots of people in line at guest services when I have gone with phones , laptops, and tablets that won't bring up the log in page.

I'm probably losing my mind, but it is logout.com or logoff.com?

I was on the Allure last week and had no problem logging on to my Iphone, IPad and IPad mini. I could only use one device at a time and was using iOS 9.2.1 software.

I was on the Allure in November and had no issues either on my iPhone. I was able to use Whatapp, Viber, iMessage, and load email and web pages perfectly on Allure while on the iPhone.

Unfortunately, I was never able to get wifi working on my iPhone while on Independence this week. It would never get me to the log in screen and Guest Services and their IT person could never get it to work either. Wifi worked slow, but ok, on my Kindle Fire though. Maybe it is an issue exclusive to Independence of the Seas.