Blush ~ Liquid or Powder

mafig

I use a cream (I have one from Sonia Kashiuk at Target I like a lot, and another I picked up in Germany on my river cruise last year) and a new L'Oreal liquid blush that I'm enjoying quite a bit! Visible Lift Blur

Powder will still get you the most color options, but I like to play around with cosmetics - drugstore options are great these days, and not too expensive.

(I don't use foundation or BB/CC creams - just SPF moisturizer - so this visible blur technology is fun and new in my regimen:p)

How old are you? Most older skin looks better with a non-powder blush..but it's all what you're comfortable applying!

I'm over 60. That's why I asked. I thought I had read that older skin looks better with non-powder.

:)

I typically use powder but have some of the 'sticks' as well - check out the avon brand - highly recommended on reviews - lots of colors (I have 2 of them) and not that pricey! :)

https://www.avon.com/product/33655/be-blushed-cheek-color

P.S. ...and also free returns with Avon if you don't like the produce/color!

I typically use powder but have some of the 'sticks' as well - check out the avon brand - highly recommended on reviews - lots of colors (I have 2 of them) and not that pricey! :)

https://www.avon.com/product/33655/be-blushed-cheek-color

P.S. ...and also free returns with Avon if you don't like the produce/color!

I avoided sticks for decades but absolutely love them now, especially the ones from Avon. They look much better than powder now that I am over 50. They are inexpensive and last forever. I also like that I'm not getting powder all over everything (sometimes the powders break during traveling) and I don't need to pack a blush brush.

and I don't need to pack a blush brush.

I love the control of using my fingers with a cream/solid blush - I have been trying to master control/amount with my Loreal blur visage because it's in a tube. More sanitary, I'm sure, but hard to know how much to squeeze;)

I really am into sheer cheek stains these days, and a favorite of my is Origins "Pinch Your Cheeks". I am now in my early 50's and unless I have a really great tan going, I am not so much liking how I look in powder blush. This Origins product (and there are other similar ones out there) is especially awesome for travel as it is a teeny tube and a little goes a long way. It cuts down on the weight of my toiletry bag. I should add that this stuff is concentrated and I found it a bit hard to navigate initially. What works best for me is to mix a dab of it into my face cream and then dot it on my cheeks and blend.

Edited by Blanq

I'm 60, and after using creams in my younger years, now find that using a powder is a lot easier to control the amount of color and blending. I use a foundation that is pretty "dewey", so creams just kind of slide off, especially in that wonderful Caribbean heat!

I have super dry skin that I have been battling for years. I have switched to using only cream blushes/balms or stains because they do not crease into my skin or flake like powders or liquid does. I have been obsessed with my bareminerals pop of passion blush balm. It goes on super smooth and is very buildable.