RCI finally agreed about USA T&C's

DaisyDoo246

We booked a future cruise whilst on board the Allure and the booking was made with USA T&C's. On returning home to the UK RCI said no we had UK T&C's! After arguing the toss over email, they finally emailed the ship and the cruise sales manager comfir,ed we have USA T&C's.

Just sharing with anyone who may come up against the same wall when wanting to change a cruise and benefit from no admin fees under USA T&Cs - persevere!

:)

Apologies if this is readily or easily available information, but can anyone explain or link to the advantages (and any disadvantages) to booking another cruise while on board and ditto for US terms when not a US resident? I live in Ireland, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies if this is readily or easily available information, but can anyone explain or link to the advantages (and any disadvantages) to booking another cruise while on board and ditto for US terms when not a US resident? I live in Ireland, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

You get reduced deposit and on board credit either immediately or on the future cruise. The deposit is equal to the OBC follows this schedule for US/Canadian terms:

•5-7 night cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $50

Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $100

Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $150

Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

Interior/Oceanview: $200

Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

Grand Suite and above: $500

Edited by clarea

We booked a future cruise whilst on board the Allure and the booking was made with USA T&C's. On returning home to the UK RCI said no we had UK T&C's! After arguing the toss over email, they finally emailed the ship and the cruise sales manager comfir,ed we have USA T&C's.

Just sharing with anyone who may come up against the same wall when wanting to change a cruise and benefit from no admin fees under USA T&Cs - persevere!

:)

What?????????????

That's very helpful, clarea, thank you.

I'm still trying to get my head round US vs home booking. I've read a bit about 'price drops' and refunds and transferring bookings to US travel agents etc. I suppose I still have a lot of research to do ...

Do people think booking on board is a good deal vs other options? I'm seeing posts about combining benefits and moving deposits and it's like a whole other language to me.

That's very helpful, clarea, thank you.

I'm still trying to get my head round US vs home booking. I've read a bit about 'price drops' and refunds and transferring bookings to US travel agents etc. I suppose I still have a lot of research to do ...

Do people think booking on board is a good deal vs other options? I'm seeing posts about combining benefits and moving deposits and it's like a whole other language to me.

I don't know how it works with European rules, but there's really no downside to booking on board under US rules. We can book onboard and still use a travel agent if we like. The travel agent perks can be combined with the OBC.

I don't know how it works with European rules, but there's really no downside to booking on board under US rules. We can book onboard and still use a travel agent if we like. The travel agent perks can be combined with the OBC.

I think that's where I'm most confused. If we book here, it's carved in stone with whomever we started with. I would like to book a future cruise on my next (first) RCI cruise in October but we don't have a US travel agent. A bit chicken and egg, I suppose.

I know from lurking here on CC that that aspect can't be discussed in the forums. However, I hope it's ok to ask if it's possible to transfer a ship made booking to a big online cruise company? I don't even know if all travel agents would be willing or able to take on clients from abroad?

I think that's where I'm most confused. If we book here, it's carved in stone with whomever we started with. I would like to book a future cruise on my next (first) RCI cruise in October but we don't have a US travel agent. A bit chicken and egg, I suppose.

I know from lurking here on CC that that aspect can't be discussed in the forums. However, I hope it's ok to ask if it's possible to transfer a ship made booking to a big online cruise company? I don't even know if all travel agents would be willing or able to take on clients from abroad?

It is possible to transfer a booking made on the ship to a travel agent. However, there are currency issues too. A booking is made in a particular currency, and that might be an issue when trying to transfer.