Which Cruise Terminal in Singapore

zennor

Can anyone confirm that Azamara does dock at the new Marina Bay Cruise Centre in Singapore. This is stated on the Azamara site but the link to gives to the Cruise Centre http://mbccs.com.sg/ only lists the larger ships in its schedule.

We're about to book a hotel in Singapore & will be arranging a taxi transfer (Dec 2015).

Thanks.

Can anyone confirm that Azamara does dock at the new Marina Bay Cruise Centre in Singapore. This is stated on the Azamara site but the link to gives to the Cruise Centre http://mbccs.com.sg/ only lists the larger ships in its schedule.

We're about to book a hotel in Singapore & will be arranging a taxi transfer (Dec 2015).

Thanks.

last winter i docked at both.I f at the harbor mall you can at least shop and eat there. had 2 good meals. if at new building it is huge and nice but a good 20 minute walk in the heat to marina bay hotel where there are taxi's and the hop on bus.. there are taxi's at terminal but i am not waiting over 30 minutes to go anywhere.

once you are in hotel the front desk will get you a taxi. .my hotel had lines of taxi's all the time.. pick a hotel like the Pan or Raffles -even at a lower price you are then in a good location.

According to the Singapore Cruise Centre website (the other docking location)

Quest is docking there

http://www.singaporecruise.com.sg/index.php/?page_id=110&action=cruise

Thank you for that. Once again the Azamara website is wrong! It was the same for Istanbul.

We are actually disembarking in Singapore & staying there for a couple of nights. The hotel we are looking at includes a transfer from the airport to hotel so I'm hoping we can arrange to be picked up at the cruise terminal & taken to the hotel. Is that possible from this cruise terminal?

We have disembark at this terminal once - it is really easy, lots of cabs available etc to be honest we never pre arranged our cars and it was so easy to get one. However if you do pre arrange a car, we saw people being collected by them. This terminal is part of a shopping complex

I decided to call AZ and talked with a cruise planner. He said he showed The Quest leaving from The Singapore Cruise Center. I told him that the website embarkation information for Singapore gave directions to The Marina Bay Cruise Center. He said that he'd report the discrepancy so it would get fixed. Any bets on that??:rolleyes:

I decided to call AZ and talked with a cruise planner. He said he showed The Quest leaving from The Singapore Cruise Center. I told him that the website embarkation information for Singapore gave directions to The Marina Bay Cruise Center. He said that he'd report the discrepancy so it would get fixed. Any bets on that??:rolleyes:

Pro's and Con's for both. We found the MBC much closer to everything even though there is a bit of a walk.

I prefer the Singapore Cruise Centre, especially if you have a night on board in port, because it is on the MRT with direct connections throughout Singapore.

If you want a relaxing stay in Singapore then the Shangri La Rasa Sentosa is a good option and close to the cruise terminal.

Last time we embarked on Azamara in Singapore all our documentation, including the sheet of instructions received from the Azamara representatives in our hotel the night before joining the Journey, said that we would be taken to Marina Bay. Guess what - we were taken to the SCC where Journey was berthed! Good job the coach driver knew where we were going!

[i had checked the terminals on line before leaving the UK and knew that Journey was to berth at SCC, not Marina Bay, and this was a couple of years ago so nothing changes!]

I prefer the Singapore Cruise Centre, especially if you have a night on board in port, because it is on the MRT with direct connections throughout Singapore.

If you want a relaxing stay in Singapore then the Shangri La Rasa Sentosa is a good option and close to the cruise terminal.

Last time we embarked on Azamara in Singapore all our documentation, including the sheet of instructions received from the Azamara representatives in our hotel the night before joining the Journey, said that we would be taken to Marina Bay. Guess what - we were taken to the SCC where Journey was berthed! Good job the coach driver knew where we were going!

[i had checked the terminals on line before leaving the UK and knew that Journey was to berth at SCC, not Marina Bay, and this was a couple of years ago so nothing changes!]

Figures. Like I said a couple of posts above I told the AZ planner about the website discrepancy so they could fix it. Sounds like it that'll never happen! Thanks for the hotel suggestion.

Figures. Like I said a couple of posts above I told the AZ planner about the website discrepancy so they could fix it. Sounds like it that'll never happen! Thanks for the hotel suggestion.

Howdy ajaxup,

I've forwarded this thread to our director of itinerary planning. He'll get to the bottom of it.

Howdy ajaxup,

I've forwarded this thread to our director of itinerary planning. He'll get to the bottom of it.

I would hope they would do something to end the confusion. According to berkshireboy above this discrepancy has been out there for at least two years. Howdy?? You sound like a fellow Texan!:D