Great Sirrup Cay Chriatmas Cruise

Kaboochi

We will be there December 2915. It'd love to hear positive because I was there when they were renovating, in Sept 2012. The flies were all over the food, the food lines were long and the beach chairs were all taken. I am traveling for the holiday with my daughter and her boyfriend. Has this beach changed for the better? I would,love to hear details of how they have improved this beach because I truly don't want to spend the day on the ship. Thank you

We will be there December 2915. It'd love to hear positive because I was there when they were renovating, in Sept 2012. The flies were all over the food, the food lines were long and the beach chairs were all taken. I am traveling for the holiday with my daughter and her boyfriend. Has this beach changed for the better? I would,love to hear details of how they have improved this beach because I truly don't want to spend the day on the ship. Thank you

We have been to GSC three times this year. NCL has spent a lot of money to improve the island. The waverunners are a blast and the stingray encounter was a lot of fun (both paid excursions).

There are a lot of loungers to accommodate the larger ships. Didn't notice too many flies. Birds are annoying.

Clam Shells: The island offers little to no shade… so rent one of the dark blue clamshells for a private island hideaway ($30). The clamshells along the main beach sell out fast, go to the shore excursion desk early in the cruise, reserve one, and get to the island early. IMPORTANT: on the island, a clamshell attendant will set up a clamshell for you… make sure you select one with a mesh ventilation panel… the shells made of solid canvas get hot and you may end up being a baked clam by the end of the day.

Lunch: The lunch at the Jumbey Beach Grill was great picnic food (don’t expect fine dining). Pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, a selection of cold salads, desserts, and a tropic fruit bar. The lines at the buffet may look long, but move quickly. Covered tables next to the grill provide great views as you enjoy your picnic lunch.