Coral full transit Sept 23rd....Live? Maybe-Maybe not... Plus Photos

Colo Cruiser

Good evening from Puntarenas, Costa Rica.

Keith, sounds like Tamie and yourself are having a good time. Thanks for sharing. Loved doing the partial transit, so now we must try the full transit one of these days.:)

Thanks Julie, its been a great cruise! :)

You and Thrak! That's downright epic! Keep having fun!

What fun to meet on the ship!

Your adventure is whetting our appetite for a full transit of the canal. We really enjoyed the Coral on our first Princess cruise which was a partial transit.

Thanks for the reports. :D

Edited by Mom33

Any idea of the times you'll be passing thru the locks? I'd love to see the ship on the Canal webcam.

If anyone needs it, here is the link (different tabs show different views):

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Capt. Binetti said that we are scheduled to enter at 6:00am but they are at the whim of the canal authorities and times have been changing a tad during the last couple of transits. :)

Capt. Binetti said that we are scheduled to enter at 6:00am but they are at the whim of the canal authorities and times have been changing a tad during the last couple of transits. :)

I'll be checking and hope to get a glimpse of ya'll! :)

I just looked at Marine Traffic and the Coral is about 15 to 20 miles from the entrance. Certainly possible she could begin the transit at 6AM, you have also consider that is 6AM EST, no DST in Panama. From the time she actually starts the transit it is about an hour to the first lock, Miraflores.

Keith,

Hope your visit to the doc has made a positive change for you. Both Mike and I have had a cough for almost three weeks. We also are debating stopping to see our doc. Sounds like many people have this and it seems to get better and then they get a relapse and it starts all over. We have so much to accomplish before we head out that we can't afford to be sick. Hope yours is gone by the time you get to Rome - pick a sea day and stay in bed all day.

Enjoying your adventures.

Sandy

Thanks Sandy. :)

I don't see anything on the Canal website. But, I see you on the Princess Bridge Cam! You can see the locks and everything! I see people on the bridge and the freighter in front and a red hulled ship in the other set of locks in front of the Coral! And, when I go back to the Canal cam, I see the freighter and red hulled ship. So I think you are coming up on the Canal site (Miraflores Locks)!!

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/

The Bridge Cam

Thanks for doing that. I don't know how to take a screenshot. But I was able to save the image to My Pictures. But, still couldn't figure out how to post it here.

Over on the Canal site, the Coral is just about to come into the High Resolution tab. It will be a much better picture. If you can, please capture a screenshot of that, too. Keith will love it, I'm sure!