Cruise fare pricing with and without Explore4

DaveOKC

I am also wondering if they will let my Mom add the beverage package just for her because the other people in the cabin are children? I thought I read somewhere that everyone in the cabin has to be on the beverage package, but I assume that would not be true for those under 21? Anyone have any idea about that? TIA.

Yes, they would. All adults in a cabin have to take the package, but not children.

I am wondering the same thing. We are looking at booking two inside cabins for a Panama Canal cruise in January. There are 6 of us but 3 are kids. My Mom and I went on a cruise by ourselves last year with Explore 4 and enjoyed it very much, so I was looking forward to pricing out this cruise with the Explore 4 option. But I also see I got a flyer in the mail for a "private sale" that includes this cruise (or seems to) and the prices on that seem to be quite a bit lower with a free 3rd/4th passenger option. I am wondering if the HAL reps will let me price out the cruise both ways. I figure if we want the beverage package we could always add it. Pinnacle Grill is a nice addition, but again, we could easily plan a night without the kids. They are old enough to behave themselves well in the Pinnacle, but I would probably not pay out of pocket for it for them just because they would not appreciate it enough.

I am also wondering if they will let my Mom add the beverage package just for her because the other people in the cabin are children? I thought I read somewhere that everyone in the cabin has to be on the beverage package, but I assume that would not be true for those under 21? Anyone have any idea about that? TIA.

There's a travel site whose mascot is a gnome. If you go there, you can see the price of your cruise with and without the Explore 4 promo. Ours was the same, which made keeping the promo a no brainer.

There's a travel site whose mascot is a gnome. If you go there, you can see the price of your cruise with and without the Explore 4 promo. Ours was the same, which made keeping the promo a no brainer.

For our June Alaska it shows the same price for Explore 4 and Hot Deal (the same as our current cost). We paid $100 PP more to get Explore 4 added to an existing booking. For our December Mexico it doesn't show Explore 4 is available but HAL shows Explore 4 and National Cruise Month. hmmmmmmmm

Edited by qsuzi

Vista Suite 2 people 1599.00 plus tax=3415.00 with EX4

Vista Suite 2 people 1099.00 plus tax-2495.00 without EX4

Almost 1000.00 more for EX4, we don't drink enough to make that worth our while, even factoring in 300.00 OBC

Did you use the Gnome site to find this information or another way?[/color]

Edited by qsuzi

I was getting ready to book a 14 day Jan. 8, 2017 cruise on the Koningsdam and after reading this called my travel agent to have her price this cruise with and without Explorer 4 for me. She found a sale on this cruise without the Explorer 4 perks and it was a difference of over $1300 for the two of us. $1700 per person without the perks. Even if you count the $300 onboard credit - we do not drink enough to justify an additional $1000. We went without. Thanks for posting this thread it helped me make up my mind.

I just looked up the pricing using the gnome site and found that our 2 week cruise on the Prinsendam is only $600 t less without any OBC, drinks etc. for the 2 of us. It is actually beneficial to keep all of the perks including Explore 4!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD