"Celebrity Cruises" -- Where are you??

wwcruisers

I'm curious Andy,

does Celebrity really have an account here and does the posting him/herself (would not be easy as I suppose several persons on Celebrity side are involved) or do they communicate with you/admin/mods and then you "log in" as Celebrity Cruises and post their replies which you have received by mail?

Hi UniPac,

Sorry I have not responded sooner. Work was extremely busy today. To be very clear, I do not have any access to Celebrity Cruises account. It's their account, and they respond on their own.

Hope this answers your question !

I think that the question here is whether or not "Celebrity Cruises" is one single person, the same person as before, or, if in reality, this is a generic identity that is used by the Company to reply to and indicate the Company's position on various questions or issues. I submit that the answer to this question is not known at this point and that the latter proposition would seem to be the more likely.

Andy, I remember Bill very well when we were cruising Azamara, he and I didn't always agree, but I always remember him with a great deal of respect. He was a true asset for Azamara and is exactly what is needed here.

Best Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I wanted to say hello. It's been a while since I've seen you posting, and I'm so happy to see you. As always, I enjoyed your comments. Wish I could answer your question, but I'm unaware of the definitive answer. I'd also guess the latter, but it's just that - a guess :)

BTW, We've decided to sail on Azamara again in January 2016, so I plan to do a huge "Live from Journey" thread - which btw, was one the largest viewed threads on Azamara, when we last sailed in 2011. I'm super excited to be sailing on Journey again, as she will be completely revitalized the week before we board the ship.

I hope all is well. Please stay in touch !

Please tell me if my words made more sense now. It's not always easy for me as English is not my first language and therefore the "words between the words" are not what I want them to be :o

UniPac, I knew exactly what you were saying in your initial post. There was no need to further clarify (except, evidently, to elena).

There will be those who like to "read" something which is really just not there. To those I would say "chill".:D

Actually, I had a similar reaction as Eileen's, re: Unipac's original post. Unipac does not list a geographic "location", so I had no clue about the language barrier. To me, the original post did sound a bit like an off-kilter attempt at humor. :confused:

Unipac, thanks for coming back to clarify things -- and for your kind words about Host Andy. Many of us consider him to be a national treasure. :cool:

Thanks Andy, the point that I was trying to make was that Bill was always very straight-forward about who he was and whose interests he represented. It's not so with everyone and it could be that this particular identity might well be more than one person. As anyone who has ever spoken to a rep at Celebrity knows, you can ask the same question multiple times and get multiple answers, some of which are mutually exclusive. It's always nice to know who is actually answering the questions and the source of the information being dispensed and sometimes you have to dig a little deeper.

I submit that Celebrity needs to have a designated person or persons posting here, and we need to know who they are. Just like with Bill.

Ed

UniPac, I knew exactly what you were saying in your initial post. There was no need to further clarify (except, evidently, to elena).

There will be those who like to "read" something which is really just not there. To those I would say "chill".:D

Very much appreciated feedback, thank you!

Hi UniPac,

Sorry I have not responded sooner. Work was extremely busy today. To be very clear, I do not have any access to Celebrity Cruises account. It's their account, and they respond on their own.

Hope this answers your question !

Also very much appreciated, thanks alot! Nice to hear that Celebrity does the work in this case. Guess it ain't easy to read all threads, it takes a lot of time cause this place is so popular!

I don't believe the recent Celebrity Cruises post is by the same person as before. This post was Minimalistic and not in the previous person's writing style. We'll see how the newbie does once they actually start responding to issues.

If you check the profile of Celebrity Cruises you will see lots of FRIENDS. Wonder if any of them know who she/he really is. Not a lot of posts in statistics.

You totally got me wrong! I also know that Andy is doing a great job and I would really like to meet him in person onboard.

I asked because I know that such big companys as X have a hard time to read/monitor/answer in forums with so many topics.

So I *could* imagine that Andy is the person who is monitoring the questions and topics here and then sends a "summary" to a contact person at Celebrity hoping to get *some* answers for the things we discuss here - and then posts them here under the forum name "Celebrity Cruises" - cause X can't/won't do that!

Hope it's clearer now. The information provided by the account "Celebrity Cruises" was never wrong from what I read and I always use this as a source of facts and - you named it - solid information.

I just wanted a "behind the scenes" view cause I thought that Andy is even doing more work than it already looks like!

Please tell me if my words made more sense now. It's not always easy for me as English is not my first language and therefore the "words between the words" are not what I want them to be :o

Hi Unipac:

I am so sorry for misinterpreting your words. Your meaning is very clear now. Thanks so much for coming back to clarify.

Host Andy does such great work for us, and all of it as a volunteer. I fear I was being just a bit touchy on his behalf. Please accept my apologies. :)