Paddle Tennis on Riviera , Barcelona onwards

S2000ap1

We are on this cruise in October and I need to do something , I play tennis at home and thought this would. Be good , but my wife doesn't play , so the question is how does One find others to play with ?

233152.jpgPaddle Tennis is a very different game than Tennis, but if you can enjoy it with the wind and the smaller court, go for it!

6a0120a92e343a970b015433a4331e970c-800wi

Edited by StanandJim

We are on this cruise in October and I need to do something , I play tennis at home and thought this would. Be good , but my wife doesn't play , so the question is how does One find others to play with ?

Don't bother. On sea days with the wind coming across the bow at 20 to 30 MPH it is impossible to play. They put it in the wrong place. Too bad, as it is a lot of fun. :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for replys , food for thought!

"Wind apparent" is to be considered here I presume' some days one might be steaming along at 18 knots and all will be calm on deck others not.

Any way I play a lot on grass and not being Wimbledon , to say the least it can be unpredictable .

So if any one is up for a game I am in.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for replys , food for thought!

"Wind apparent" is to be considered here I presume' some days one might be steaming along at 18 knots and all will be calm on deck others not.

Any way I play a lot on grass and not being Wimbledon , to say the least it can be unpredictable .

So if any one is up for a game I am in.

Tennis court is totally open at the bow, so any wind will get you. When underway wind is probably at least 20 to 20 knots. Look at deck plan for Regent Voyager and you will see the correct location for a paddle tennis court. :(:(:(

"Wind apparent" you can be steaming at 20knots , wind up the cuff at 20 knots, apparent wind over deck ZERO,

Steam into a 20 knot wind at 20 knots wind apparent 40knots.

Experienced this very situation on one of the smaller ships last year , nice pong of diesel fumes hanging around deck from the funnels and an uncomfortable corkscrewing motion.

As result of an abaft the beam following sea , I would guess the ship was only doing 10 or 12 knots.

Any way looks like I will have to play with myself then. ,!!!!

"Wind apparent" you can be steaming at 20knots , wind up the cuff at 20 knots, apparent wind over deck ZERO,

Steam into a 20 knot wind at 20 knots wind apparent 40knots.

Experienced this very situation on one of the smaller ships last year , nice pong of diesel fumes hanging around deck from the funnels and an uncomfortable corkscrewing motion.

As result of an abaft the beam following sea , I would guess the ship was only doing 10 or 12 knots.

Any way looks like I will have to play with myself then. ,!!!!

? ? ? Have no clue what you mean :confused::confused::confused: