Scenic Amsterdam to Budapest

Dolebludger

Lonestar,

We are in an addition called The Legends at Ute Pass which is NE of Durango off Florida Road about 4 miles from downtown Durango. We are at 7400 feet. We didn't look a Glacier Club for three reasons. First it was a bit out of our desired price range. Second, it is too far from town for us. And third, it is at a higher altitude and therefore much more snow.

Jeb_bud, Have a call into Scenic and wanting to talk with a particular person that is off today. Is a supervisor up at the office in Vancouver and did our last booking last year.

Looking at Romantic Rhine with Moselle and Switzerland in September of 2017. The two dates that I see posted are for just cruise from Amsterdam to Basel leaves on the 4 and from Basel to Amsterdam leaves on the 18th which is really the one that we prefer as we want to spend more time in Switzerland than Amsterdam.

Don't see any pricing plus we are looking at The Royal Panorama Suite once again. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe you may be interested?

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

dakota242@windstream.net

Jeb_bud, Have a call into Scenic and wanting to talk with a particular person that is off today. Is a supervisor up at the office in Vancouver and did our last booking last year.

Looking at Romantic Rhine with Moselle and Switzerland in September of 2017. The two dates that I see posted are for just cruise from Amsterdam to Basel leaves on the 4 and from Basel to Amsterdam leaves on the 18th which is really the one that we prefer as we want to spend more time in Switzerland than Amsterdam.

Don't see any pricing plus we are looking at The Royal Panorama Suite once again. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe you may be interested?

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Lisa and Gary

dakota242@windstream.net

We're looking at September or October also Basel to Amsterdam. I checked the website this afternoon and that itinerary has been added, with prices.

I'm thinking Royal or Royal Panorama Suite. The Royal Panorama would encourage more exercise to help walk off the extra snacks.

The website doesn't seem to show which ship will sail on a given date. I hope the brochure will have that information.

It's fun meeting someone on CC then meeting on the boat. Let's keep in touch and see how it goes.

jeb,

Yes, when we checked United Denver to Switzerland, the fare was over $6K per, first class. Much cheaper in Icelander -- yes for first class. But Icelander has its first class only like a domestic first. No 180 degree reclining seats.

$6K sounds a little high but way more reasonable than the $30K number you mentioned earlier.

I really like those lay-flat seats. It might be worth the extra money to me.

• 2 months later...
If you go to Scenic's web site and look under "butler services" you will see the last sentence states that butler "concierge" laundry service is included on European cruises. If I were you, I would show this to my TA and have him/her contact Scenic about it. As you know "concierge" is a fancy way of saying "included". Scenic either needs to honor that, or remove that language from its web site.

I just today booked a Scenic Amsterdam to Budapest and on my receipt it says 1 kilo each of laundry half way through cruise, ours is a 15 day cruise.

Marlster

We are on Amber in October and for those who were talking about air. Our TA worked with Scenic air department and booked our air United/Luftansa business for 2200 each into Prague and out of Budapest. Felt it was a good price. We are really looking forward to this trip but according to the travel alerts for Europe have some concern. But can't hide from everything. Just travel smart.