Oosterdam 8099

pizzadog

Can anyone tell me if this cabin has a proper table and chairs on the veranda? I'm sure I saw a photo that showed one but I can't find it now. We would like to enjoy room service for dinner on occasion and I will bring along a table cloth as I'm told HAL doesn't provide one. 3 more sleeps, yay!:)

You have a Signature Suite right?

Just take a look at the Vistas whose cabins are identical (Noordam might be different).

try googling 8094-Zuiderdam. There are also pics of 8099 there but no balcony pics.

All the Signature Suites have the table on the balcony.

It's not huge though. I confess, I have never packed a tablecloth.

And never felt the need for it. If I did, I would ask on board.

But, we do fly, so space is limited and tend to go on longer cruises with mixes of weather and clothes. Last time an entire suitcase was dedicated to school supplies and another had meet and greet invites and other miscellaneous stuff in it. So, we just set priorities. A tablecloth didn't get high up on the list ;)

Can anyone tell me if this cabin has a proper table and chairs on the veranda? I'm sure I saw a photo that showed one but I can't find it now. We would like to enjoy room service for dinner on occasion and I will bring along a table cloth as I'm told HAL doesn't provide one. 3 more sleeps, yay!:)

Not trying to be a kill-joy, but the ship running at 18 knots or more, plus the wind 10+ stories up, makes for a pretty breezy dinner. I don't know what effect the shape of your veranda might have on the breeze. You might consider having them set up dinner in the suite and have a cocktail or glass of wine before and/or after on the veranda. You'll have plenty of time to be the judge.

We were in 8099 (angled balcony) on the Noordam last March and the balcony furniture was the same as a Neptune Suite : 2 chairs, and ottoman and a side table PLUS 2 chairs, an ottoman and a regular small round table. We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in July in a similar cabin on Deck 6 and once again had the same furniture as a Neptune Suite.

You can certainly have a meal on the regular table. It is approx. 36 inch in diameter.

The balcony is very nice. Enjoy!

Edited by taxmantoo

Not trying to be a kill-joy, but the ship running at 18 knots or more, plus the wind 10+ stories up, makes for a pretty breezy dinner. I don't know what effect the shape of your veranda might have on the breeze. You might consider having them set up dinner in the suite and have a cocktail or glass of wine before and/or after on the veranda. You'll have plenty of time to be the judge.

I agree that it may be a little breezy when the ship is moving so we are planning for an evening when we are in port until 8 pm., Cabo.

Taxman too, that is the size table I'm talking about. Just right for two.

Kazu, I know it sounds a little OCD but I just like the idea of a tablecloth lol.

Thanks for all responses.

I agree that it may be a little breezy when the ship is moving so we are planning for an evening when we are in port until 8 pm., Cabo.

Taxman too, that is the size table I'm talking about. Just right for two.

Kazu, I know it sounds a little OCD but I just like the idea of a tablecloth lol.

Thanks for all responses.

not OCD at all - lots of people do that ;)

have fun and enjoy :)

We've had our meals out on the balcony on a similar balcony, with no problem at all as the the table is back near the window. However, if gusty rainy weather, it would not be a good idea.

Edited by Lizzie68

on the balcony of the New Amst. corner suite, I wished I brought a tablecloth. The finish on the table was gross. I complained to Head Housekeeper who had dropped in for a room check and she had the room steward scrub it to no avail. Even a couple of placemats would have been good.

p.s. Not the steward's fault at all

We were in 8099 on the Ooosterdam back in 2008. I would say no to having a dinner on the verandah. It is windy-very windy. It was a Mexican Riviera cruise and the weather was great but no matter how great and calm the weather was, it was very windy on the deck all of the time.

Diane