UBP price increase, $15 per drink? But...

Jbrattoncruise

We are booked in a Haven Suite for next year. We booked during the August promo of UBP, UDP, Free Gratuties and Wifi. There was no mention at the time of us having to pay for any gratuities. Nothing was charged to our card except the initial deposit.

Does anyone know if the gratuities are included for Haven bookings or should I be calling NCL to pay for them before this new deadline of price changes?

I would call NCL and ask. Promos change all the time and it's best to get the information from NCL.

Not a corporate shill. I just enjoy NCL and what it has to offer. People on here just like to bash anything NCL does. Are they supposed to keep the prices the same from back in the 80's? People think they should be given everything and not pay for nothing or just keep the prices the same. Not how it works I. The real world and that's not being a cooperate shill it's being realistic that things do change and prices will keep increasing on everything including cruises.

Keeping the prices from the 80's? Who said anything like that? How about keeping price changes consistent for the same year? Yes price changes changed in 2015! How about we stick with that for just a little while?

Rochelle

We are booked in a Haven Suite for next year. We booked during the August promo of UBP, UDP, Free Gratuties and Wifi. There was no mention at the time of us having to pay for any gratuities. Nothing was charged to our card except the initial deposit.

Does anyone know if the gratuities are included for Haven bookings or should I be calling NCL to pay for them before this new deadline of price changes?

Promo's do change but when you booked the gratuities were included. You should be just fine. There has been no mention anywhere about starting to charge full suites gratuities for either the drink or dining packages. For peace of mind you could always call.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Keeping the prices from the 80's? Who said anything like that? How about keeping price changes consistent for the same year? Yes price changes changed in 2015! How about we stick with that for just a little while?

Rochelle

Maybe the grocery stores should keep the prices the same for a year instead of changing them all the time.

Gratuities are included for suites. The terms of the August promo were the same as the current promo in this respect: "When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to the dining, beverage and soda packages are included."

If NCL expected you to pay extra service charges in order to receive your perks, you would have heard about it already.

Gratuities are included for suites. The terms of the August promo were the same as the current promo in this respect: "When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to the dining, beverage and soda packages are included."

If NCL expected you to pay extra service charges in order to receive your perks, you would have heard about it already.

That's kind of what I thought as well.

Thanks for clarifying!

I feel much better. :)

Edited by Chesneygirl

How about keeping price changes consistent for the same year? Yes price changes changed in 2015! How about we stick with that for just a little while?
As I said earlier in this thread, the price of the UBP did not change in 2015 (except for the increase from 15% to 18% auto-grat). The last price increase was in May 2014.

Now, if NCL is planning to raise the price by $5 or $10 every year, the UBP will soon be ridiculously expensive and no one will buy it for anything but the shortest cruises. But I guess the whole point is that very few people are buying the UBP these days. As long as they keep giving it away for free to everyone who wants it, the theoretical price can be sky high and many people will pay the 18% and still feel like they're getting a good perk.

The cost is a lot of money for alcoholic drinks. NCL could make it better by including non-alcoholic drinks. Celebrity Cruise includes bottled water, specialty coffee (cappuccino, expresso, etc.), energy drinks. When exiting the ship at each port, they had 1 liter bottles of water (free for those with UBP) to take off the ship. Celebrity also included health juices and smoothies at their AquaSpa Cafe. NCL does not include any of this with their UBP.

Reflect_Dec13_Menus_IMG_4179.jpg

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Maybe the grocery stores should keep the prices the same for a year instead of changing them all the time.

That is not a logical comparison.

For the sake of my many friends who work for NCL, I hope there are enough of the fans who accept the constant price increases to keep NCL in the profit column.

Personally, it encourages me to look elsewhere. Thank you for your repeated suggestions to do that.

That is not a logical comparison.

For the sake of my many friends who work for NCL, I hope there are enough of the fans who accept the constant price increases to keep NCL in the profit column.

Personally, it encourages me to look elsewhere. Thank you for your repeated suggestions to do that.

No problem. I am sure they will fill the cabin that you will not purchase with ease.

The water on the ship is really good so no need for bottle water.

If you make that kind of claim without any limitations (some of the ship's water is carbon filtered that makes it somewhat drinkable), you really do not know "really good" water.

Edited by Demonyte

If you make that kind of claim without any limitations (some of the ship's water is carbon filtered that makes it somewhat drinkable), you really do not know "really good" water.

Of course it's not acqua Panama or Fiji water but it is still better than most bottle waters you find in stores.

Did you happen to look on your invoice to see if they were charged on that? I'd call NCL and find out all the details.

Purchasing a product you believe in doesn't make you a cheerleader.

Showing up in EVERY single thread about a price increase, value cut, or customer takeaway and saying "This is great, doesn't impact me. Go away if it impacts you" makes you a cheerleader.

Sure, prices go up. But if the price is going to match the competition perhaps the value should to. What is wrong with saying that? Absolutely nothing.

Why should the value go up for a price increase. If the fare of an inside cabin goes up should the benefits go up for that cabin? Maybe include breakfast at Cagneys? If you buy something that is more yesterday should I get more of a benefit today then yesterday? no.

Who knows why they increased the prices we can all guess and some will say to increase profits, others will say something different. Maybe the price of liquor went up that NCL buys to supply their ships. Maybe they have been giving so much liquor away with all the promotions they are looking to make it up?

If i feel that NCL is not right for me or is out of my budget, or have a bad experience I would have no problem doing something else with my money, but I have never had an issue and I still believe that NCL is a great value for what they offer. To each it's own I guess.

Why should the value go up for a price increase. If the fare of an inside cabin goes up should the benefits go up for that cabin? Maybe include breakfast at Cagneys? If you buy something that is more yesterday should I get more of a benefit today then yesterday? no.

Who knows why they increased the prices we can all guess and some will say to increase profits, others will say something different. Maybe the price of liquor went up that NCL buys to supply their ships. Maybe they have been giving so much liquor away with all the promotions they are looking to make it up?

If i feel that NCL is not right for me or is out of my budget, or have a bad experience I would have no problem doing something else with my money, but I have never had an issue and I still believe that NCL is a great value for what they offer. To each it's own I guess.

I'm just looking for a valid reason that NCL's package can't match RCI's even though the price point is, for all intents and purposes, the same. I guess it will remain inexplicable.

I'm just looking for a valid reason that NCL's package can't match RCI's even though the price point is, for all intents and purposes, the same. I guess it will remain inexplicable.

I understand and respect your view. It would be nice if water and coffee was added and maybe it will someday but to me and maybe many others even at the 54 per day is still a lot of you are not a big drinker but if NCL is offering it as a promo and all I have to do is pay gratuities then it's a steal. I wouldn't buy it at 54 or 64 because I just don't drink that much.

Maybe they haven't updated the US site yet.

They probably wouldn't update it until it is officially changed according to the dates that have been mentioned on this thread. You can still purchase it at 54 now so no need to update until it is official.

They probably wouldn't update it until it is officially changed according to the dates that have been mentioned on this thread. You can still purchase it at 54 now so no need to update until it is official.
Then why did they update the UK site? Wouldn't all websites have to say the same thing? Edited by NLH Arizona

Then why did they update the UK site? Wouldn't all websites have to say the same thing?

NCL posting consistent information on their various websites? ROFLMAO

We have all seen NCL's track record on consistency and clarity of communication recently - it's not good.