Food dropped off for staying in a suite

Stormy15

Just wondering, how many days were food items dropped off to you when staying in a suite? In our recent suite on Navigator we only received something twice. The first day we received a plate of fruit and I think it was on the 2nd day that we received cheese and crackers. Is this your typical experience? I thought we received more when we were in a suite on Jewel in 2013 but maybe I remember wrong. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Indy in 2014 we had something pretty much every night, on Explorer this June we got zero so it varies greatly.

Thanks, Nelly! I am wondering if they are giving less now or if it depends on the ship. Wow, zero?? We did get something twice on Navigator so I should be happy! I was really just curious.

We have enjoyed receiving those treats every night on our previous cruises since we were in full suites.

However, in April we took a last minute cruise in a JS. We missed the treats and the "royal" treatment as well. On the other hand, the JS was nice.

Happy cruising everyone. It's a great way to travel!

Thanks, Nelly! I am wondering if they are giving less now or if it depends on the ship. Wow, zero?? We did get something twice on Navigator so I should be happy! I was really just curious.

Any chance you put out the 'Do Not Disturb' for an afternoon siesta?

From what I can gather it seems very inconsistent. I guess each individual ship decides what they are doing. I wonder if it was a fluke that the one person didn't receive anything on Explorer. I hope so anyway!

No, we didn't, but thanks for the thought!

Hey, I tried but I don't remember not getting a delivery. I do remember getting woken up by a delivery after not putting out the sign. :o

Adventure in Feb, we had stuff delivered twice...

Both times they knocked or rang the bell (I don't remember) and when we answered they asked if we wanted whatever they had on their cart that day.

We never received anything 'left behind'. Since it was our first time in a suite (I had read they leave something daily) we weren't sure if they had tried on the days we weren't there or they changed the way they do things...

Just wondering, how many days were food items dropped off to you when staying in a suite? In our recent suite on Navigator we only received something twice. The first day we received a plate of fruit and I think it was on the 2nd day that we received cheese and crackers. Is this your typical experience? I thought we received more when we were in a suite on Jewel in 2013 but maybe I remember wrong. Thanks!

Have never gotten anything more than that and we only sail suites. Where each ship has differed is other offerings such as a private showing of the ice show or a special luncheon served by the officers

Fruit plate on embarkation. Canapés first formal night and cheese/fruit plate the second formal night. Maybe a plate of chocolate covered strawberries instead

Have never gotten anything more than that and we only sail suites. Where each ship has differed is other offerings such as a private showing of the ice show or a special luncheon served by the officers

Fruit plate on embarkation. Canapés first formal night and cheese/fruit plate the second formal night. Maybe a plate of chocolate covered strawberries instead

But you did get something a 3rd day. We received something only on 2 days. We didn't receive anything on else on Navigator but we did on Jewel. What you received is pretty consistent with what we receive on Jewel.

We stayed in a JS last month on Freedom. We didn't expect any treats,being we didn't books full Suite. So, it was a nice surprise on either the 1st or 2nd night to get a little sweet plate! There was a brief note thanking us....I think it was because we were Diamond.

:). Bobbi

Anyone can order a cheese plate (and many other things) from room service and have it delivered to your room, no charge.

Right, but these are little surprises dropped off when you aren't expecting them. :)

You know, you can pick up the same food, if you want it, from the WJ or any other eating place.....

Just another of your Posts showing you have no idea what you are talking about.

Many of the treats I have received can not be picked up anywhere on the ship. For sure many of them are nowhere available in any of the Food venues, while some might be offered in the CL, but not always.

IME every ship handles this differently. Some will give you something (almost) every night, while others will just deliver something a couple of times.

That is pretty much what I was wondering. I asked mostly as a curiosity thing to see if it was universal or ship dependent. :)

We have been on 27 cruises on Royal in suites, the best I can say each ship is different, and added amenities for suites depends on the hotel director. The only line that was continually consistent with suites is Celebrity.

For the lighter side it is always exciting to see what Royal will provide every day when we come back to the ship!