FL hotel with convenience store within walking distance

dancingranni

We are looking for an affordable FL hotel for 1 night pre-cruise stay. Would like to have something nearby that we could walk to in order to purchase wine for the cruise. Airport/cruise shuttle service would be nice. I have reserved Rodeway Inn but because of an abundance of negative remarks about it we are trying to fiind something else? Any feedback on Ramada Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport?

We are looking for an affordable FL hotel for 1 night pre-cruise stay. Would like to have something nearby that we could walk to in order to purchase wine for the cruise. Airport/cruise shuttle service would be nice. I have reserved Rodeway Inn but because of an abundance of negative remarks about it we are trying to fiind something else? Any feedback on Ramada Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport?

I prefer the Embassy Suites...but you might try Hyatt Place (just behind ES) using...

www.valuetrips.com

Great area right next to the Publix shopping center ...supermarket, restaurants, shopping and Total Wine

Best of luck and enjoy :)

A convenience store? Our CVS and Walgreens are much nicer than convenience stores.

I'd skip that Ramada.

Try the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street.

Thank you all for your replies. I'm cancelling Rodeway..also passing on Ramada and Dania. Now looking at Hampton Inn/Plantation. Cruise is in April..so I have some time.

Hampton Inns usually very nice, but Plantation is not exactly near the port.

I stayed at the HI in Plantation one time. Shuttle from the airport and to the port. There was a shopping center nearby and a few restaurants. Ft. Lauderdale was booked up, so it worked for me.

Roz

Thank you all for your replies. I'm cancelling Rodeway..also passing on Ramada and Dania. Now looking at Hampton Inn/Plantation. Cruise is in April..so I have some time.

There are lots of chain restaurants and a Total Wine in The Fountains, which is just around the corner. No drug stores though.

I don't mind that its a bit of a way to the cruiseport...we can get a little glimpse of the area on the way over. However, I,m more concerned about the distance to walk to Walgreens or CVS. or somewhere to eat.

There is nothing to see between Plantation and the cruiseport. Suburb after gated community.

We are flying in from California. We don't arrive until 7, so I'm sure it will be 8 or after when we get to the Hampton. All we will be interested in is having a bite to eat and getting our wine for the cruise.

Our cruise is on the Serenade, April 8-18. We are 4 adults sharing a room.

After the cruise we have a late flight so we will try to figure out a way to get some sightseeing in then.