Wifi question about purchasing before you board

Theresa522

Have bought it on-board on second day of a 7 day (May 2014) the package was for 7 days and not pro-rated so my expiration of the package was after our disembarkation. It was cheaper though than buying the 24 hour blocks, so I did it anyhow.

It might vary by ship, but I suspect you could still get the $20 per day price if you buy on the second day of an 8 day cruise.

Probably does vary by the ship, it was Navigator and it was April 2015 (not May 2014)

How was the wifi on Navigator? We had it on both of our Allure cruises and it was very reliable and the speed was good. Was it the same on Navigator?

Our experience with WiFi on Navigator was that it was still very slow. Not yet upgraded like Oasis class.

• 2 weeks later...
You can still use multiple devices, just not simultaneously.

So, essentially it is one or two devices at the same time plan (web site lists a second device 50% off). So, with a one device plan I could log my phone in and then log out and then log in my computer, going back and forth as needed? So, a one device plan could cover both the phone and the computer, and I would not need a 2 device plan as long as I kept logging in and out as needed?

So, essentially it is one or two devices at the same time plan (web site lists a second device 50% off). So, with a one device plan I could log my phone in and then log out and then log in my computer, going back and forth as needed? So, a one device plan could cover both the phone and the computer, and I would not need a 2 device plan as long as I kept logging in and out as needed?

I've not tried the system yet, but yes, that's right.

You can use multiple devices, but only one at a time.

Yes! I usually do it with three devices on the one device plan. Laptop, tablet, phone.

This will be the first time I've brought a laptop with me. I have always been able to leave my work at home, but this time - it just isn't working that way. :mad: Still better to be at sea and checking in at work, :)than being at work. So I won't complain too much.

We're diamond plus - and we're on a 9-day cruise. What is the best way to do this, without paying out of pocket. Even though I need to check in for work - work will not reimburse my out of pocket expenses. :(

This will be the first time I've brought a laptop with me. I have always been able to leave my work at home, but this time - it just isn't working that way. :mad: Still better to be at sea and checking in at work, :)than being at work. So I won't complain too much.

We're diamond plus - and we're on a 9-day cruise. What is the best way to do this, without paying out of pocket. Even though I need to check in for work - work will not reimburse my out of pocket expenses. :(

Between the two of you, you will have 4 free 24 hour periods. If you only need to check in around once per day, you can arrange the 4 free periods to cover 8 days. For example, redeem one free 24 period at 1pm on day 2, check in at noon on day 3, redeem another free period at 1pm on day 4, etc.

In the past - I have been known to make snarky comments to myself about people bringing their work along.

Now I have joined that club.

Except for carrying the laptop - it's good to know I'll only be out some few minutes each day to check in.

In the past - I have been known to make snarky comments to myself about people bringing their work along.

Now I have joined that club.

Except for carrying the laptop - it's good to know I'll only be out some few minutes each day to check in.

I would much rather be doing a little work every day on a cruise ship than stuck in the office... Sure, it would be nice to have unfettered vacations, but that will have to wait for me until I retire...