No Adults Only pool on Breeze

17andacruiseaddict

So, I cruised the Breeze in August of last year and will be cruising on it again in April of 2016. I think the lack of the Adults Only pool was my only negative. Yes, I know there is Serenity. But, there are only hot tubs there. I actually missed the pool with no kids splashing around and everybody pretty much just chillin' in the pool.

Did anybody else miss that on the Breeze?

Do you think there is a reason that Carnival didn't make the back pool an adults only pool when that seemed to be a trend on the Conquest class ships?

Do you think it will eventually be changed to an adults only pool?

So, I cruised the Breeze in August of last year and will be cruising on it again in April of 2016. I think the lack of the Adults Only pool was my only negative. Yes, I know there is Serenity. But, there are only hot tubs there. I actually missed the pool with no kids splashing around and everybody pretty much just chillin' in the pool.

Did anybody else miss that on the Breeze?

Do you think there is a reason that Carnival didn't make the back pool an adults only pool when that seemed to be a trend on the Conquest class ships?

Do you think it will eventually be changed to an adults only pool?

I didn't miss it at all (probably because I have kids). I did not like it at all that the Conquest had an adults only pool in the one area of the ship that had any shade whatsoever.

Conquest class has 3 pools, and the Dream class only has 2. I would think that would be the main reason.

The new commercials I saw last night are still being marketed towards families with kids, so don't think it will change any time soon.

Edited by jcearth

@Jcearth

I'm sure Carnival will continue to market towards families with kids since Carnival is a family cruise line. Still an adults only pool would have been nice. Nothing wrong with catering to adults a little more. Hey, even Disney has adults only areas and they are definitely all about the kiddos.

Even when I have kids, I'm sure I'll still like some adults only pool time while they're at Camp Carnival.

I just want that pool back with newer Carnival ships lol.

We don't have kids, and although I like kids, it is nice to spend time without them on occasion. I would really like if the Breeze did have the adults only pool.

That being said, on new builds I think it would be really nice if Carnival would add a pool to the Serenity area of the ship. Many people who are asking for the adult only pool are also the people who appreciate the serenity area. I think it would be a great addition.

While not exactly adult only, I am hoping that the pool area in the Havana section of the Vista will be quieter than the lido pool. Granted, as of today, the Havana pool area is marketed as being exclusive to guests in the Havana cabins, so that doesn't help those that have cabins in other parts of the ship.

I think adding a pool on existing ships in the Serenity would be problematic as it would reduce the number of available loungers in an area that face it, on sea days in the Caribbean starts to burst at the seams. I would be happy with a small wading pool, with maybe a waterfall to stand under just to cool off.

However, I do agree, while Carnival does market itself as a family cruise line, they also market to couples, groups, etc. They really need an adult only pool that is open to all adults.

I didn't miss it at all (probably because I have kids). I did not like it at all that the Conquest had an adults only pool in the one area of the ship that had any shade whatsoever.

Conquest class has 3 pools, and the Dream class only has 2. I would think that would be the main reason.

The new commercials I saw last night are still being marketed towards families with kids, so don't think it will change any time soon.

the childfree community who don't want to deal with kids in the pool appreciate it, no worries.

new ships not having that are a deal breaker for us. we're on the splendor next. almost jumped to another line tho.

Yeah, I think adding an adult pool to already existing Serenity areas would be too much of a hassle. I wouldn't suggest that at all.

But, since there is already an aft pool on Breeze, that is a bit smaller than the main pool, they should just start putting up signs and enforcing it. Preferably before my April cruise lol.

Another suggestion, would be to put the Serenity area around the adults only pools. It seems kind of weird and a bit of bad planning that on most Conquest class ships, the Serenity area is very forward and the adult pool is so far aft. I think this is on one of the ships now...the Pride?

Maybe because the pizza station is right near there so kids would still be around? Maybe I just answered my own question? lol

Oh well, all things for them to think about in the future if they happen to read this discussion......................

While not exactly adult only, I am hoping that the pool area in the Havana section of the Vista will be quieter than the lido pool. Granted, as of today, the Havana pool area is marketed as being exclusive to guests in the Havana cabins, so that doesn't help those that have cabins in other parts of the ship.

I was hoping that area would be adults only. It makes sense. Once again, I know Carnival is a family ship, but I think it would be neat to advertise the Havana Section as adults only. I think they would be much more coveted. I'm sure Carnival would make a bit more money advertising them as exclusive. People pay much more money for a bit of privacy.

Knowing that Carnival caters to all ages and all types of families, it seems only right to have more Adults only areas. Like I said before, even Disney is catering to adults too.

BTW, I've never cruised Disney. I've only been on 4 Royal Caribbean, 18 Carnival, and one Big Red Boat. So, I'm not team Disney or team Royal at all in case that came to mind lol

Yeah, I think adding an adult pool to already existing Serenity areas would be too much of a hassle. I wouldn't suggest that at all.

But, since there is already an aft pool on Breeze, that is a bit smaller than the main pool, they should just start putting up signs and enforcing it. Preferably before my April cruise lol.

Another suggestion, would be to put the Serenity area around the adults only pools. It seems kind of weird and a bit of bad planning that on most Conquest class ships, the Serenity area is very forward and the adult pool is so far aft. I think this is on one of the ships now...the Pride?

Maybe because the pizza station is right near there so kids would still be around? Maybe I just answered my own question? lol

Oh well, all things for them to think about in the future if they happen to read this discussion......................

kids are still around on Conquest at pizza, etc., but they stay out of our pool and hot tubs thankfully.