Zuiderdam aft cabins

Tottwo

My husband and I are taking a 12 day Baltic cruise in May on the Zuiderdam to celebrate a significant birthday. We booked an aft cabin on deck 5, but after doing a few searches, we're now concerned we may have made a mistake with that cabin choice given the reported plumbing issues. We are hoping these are old issues that have since been resolved.

Does anyone who recently sailed her know if the Zuiderdam continues to have plumbing problems with the aft cabins? We're splurging on this cruise and don't want to spoil our special celebration with a smelly bathroom or non-working plumbing.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Problems were a few years ago- haven't heard about anything for quite a while. We were in a deck 5 aft wrap for 2 weeks ago last year and all was fine. Once or twice there was a short delay when pressing button on toilet but that happens on most ships when too many are flushed at one time.

Zuiderdam is a great ship.

My husband and I are taking a 12 day Baltic cruise in May on the Zuiderdam to celebrate a significant birthday. We booked an aft cabin on deck 5, but after doing a few searches, we're now concerned we may have made a mistake with that cabin choice given the reported plumbing issues. We are hoping these are old issues that have since been resolved.

Does anyone who recently sailed her know if the Zuiderdam continues to have plumbing problems with the aft cabins? We're splurging on this cruise and don't want to spoil our special celebration with a smelly bathroom or non-working plumbing.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

We were in 7149 on the transatlantic crossing in March,just before the drydock and we had a few minor problems with the toilet not flushing and brown water in the shower and sink.It was quickly fixed.We are on again in 2 weeks for the return trip from Athens and booked one of the new cabins on deck 10,that were just installed.

Edited by johnmik1

Encouraging news that I am pleased and relieved to hear! Thanks to you both for the feedback. I can now spend the next few months planning out our excursions and looking forward to the sailing rather than fretting about making the wrong choice.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Plumbing problems tend to come and go as they are tracked down and repaired. Z'dam has had more reports than seems like average for the fleet but there have been few lately. I think you can be confident that things have been resolved for now. I would be. :)

We had very bad plumbing problems in our aft balcony cabin on Zuiderdam in July this year. The problems in our cabin and the one next door had been going on for 10 months and were not repairable until a new part arrived.

In fact the plumbing issues were so bad that HAL kindly upgraded us to a Neptune Suite on our second day! :)