Royal Princess Mini-Suite Recommendations

Hunter308

Just off the Royal on 1/9/16 and we were in A230 - mini suite. Very happy with the cabin and the location which was close to the forward elevators and no noise issues with cabins above and below. Also this cabin is just forward of the life boats so there is a clear view down to the water below.

• 10 months later...
Just off the Royal on 1/9/16 and we were in A230 - mini suite. Very happy with the cabin and the location which was close to the forward elevators and no noise issues with cabins above and below. Also this cabin is just forward of the life boats so there is a clear view down to the water below.

Was the bunk bed a nuisance (for example does it stick out much) or unsightly?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We just booked mini suite R210 on the Royal Princess. It s is on the port side. Has anyone have any experience with this cabin or a cabin in the general area?

We have been assured by several Princess agents that the balcony measures approximately 8ft×9ft.

We will be on a 10 day Eastern Caribbean cruise ,so we wanted as much cabin /balcony room as possible .

Any input would be appreciated :)!

We stayed in spectacular mini-suite M107 on Regal this past October for the New England/Canada run.

Terrific spacious cabin with separate living room and bedroom. Glorious, massive, private bridge wing balcony affords commanding views of ports and seas. A great spot for our Cruise Critic Sail Away.

We have the same cabin booked for this coming September. Can barely wait to get back there. It is now a Club Class Mini-Suite so that should be interesting.

These mini-suites located forward like M107, M108 L107, L108 are very unique.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruiserking

• 4 years later...
On 3/9/2017 at 11:54 PM, cruiserking said:

We stayed in spectacular mini-suite M107 on Regal this past October for the New England/Canada run.

Terrific spacious cabin with separate living room and bedroom. Glorious, massive, private bridge wing balcony affords commanding views of ports and seas. A great spot for our Cruise Critic Sail Away.

We have the same cabin booked for this coming September. Can barely wait to get back there. It is now a Club Class Mini-Suite so that should be interesting.

These mini-suites located forward like M107, M108 L107, L108 are very unique.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

It's been awhile, hoping you can remember...Are these balconies covered?  Is there shade.  Also, does it have a sliding door?  Is it usable when at sea or is it too windy.  Any pics would be great. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

It's been awhile, hoping you can remember...Are these balconies covered?  Is there shade.  Also, does it have a sliding door?  Is it usable when at sea or is it too windy.  Any pics would be great. Thanks.

The M107 balcony is not covered. Depending on the time of day, there is some shade. There is a sliding door. You can't really go out there when you are out to sea it's much too windy. But, it's a great place for a sail away party as you steam from port. We entertained about 40 people out there and had a blast. 

The only downside is it's a bit of hike to the rest of the ship as you are all the way forward. Also, if it gets choppy or rough you will feel it up there. But, it's an extremely spacious cabin with a separate bedroom and living room. Book it, you won't be sorry. 

The first 2 minutes or so of this video includes some footage of the cabin and balcony. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

The M107 balcony is not covered. Depending on the time of day, there is some shade. There is a sliding door. You can't really go out there when you are out to sea it's much too windy. But, it's a great place for a sail away party as you steam from port. We entertained about 40 people out there and had a blast. 

The only downside is it's a bit of hike to the rest of the ship as you are all the forward. Also, if it gets choppy or rough you will feel it up there. But, it's an extremely spacious cabin with a separate bedroom and living room. Book it, you won't be sorry. 

The first 2 minutes or so of this video includes some footage of the cabin and balcony. 

Jonathan

Jonathan, thanks so much for the info and video as it was very helpful! Mary

• Like 1

On 9/30/2015 at 3:01 PM, Hunter308 said:

Are you talking about directly beneath a pool or venue? For example, Deck 16 has a pool and outdoor area. If I book a Mini-Suite on Deck 15 I can actually get one directly beneath the *cabin* area of Deck 16, not the pool area of 16. This means I'm one elevator stop or a quick flight of stairs from the pool but should also have cabins directly above and beneath me.

If it's still possible that it'll be noisy, I won't do it. I'd rather spend more to get a quiet cabin between two only-cabin floors if that is necessary to ensure a quiet trip. I guess I've been a little swayed due to all the reviewers saying stuff like "we stayed directly beneath *insert restaurant, bar or venue* and didn't hear one thing the whole trip..."

I realize this could definitely be a lucky circumstance though.

You do not want a cabin under the pool deck because the crew cleans the pool deck starting around 4 am, sounds like someone is running a cannon across the deck above you.   Same thing not under the buffet, you will have food smells like garlic to content with.  

16 hours ago, pris993 said:

You do not want a cabin under the pool deck because the crew cleans the pool deck starting around 4 am, sounds like someone is running a cannon across the deck above you.   Same thing not under the buffet, you will have food smells like garlic to content with.  

Boy are you on the ball!  I never even thought of that.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Boy are you on the ball!  I never even thought of that.  Thank you.

Experience, 60+ cruises on 9 different lines.  Learned the hard way, glad to save someone else from the same experiences. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, matt266507 said:

Hi There.  Sorry to revive this after all this time.  I'm looking at A230 and have a couple quick questions....1) did you hear any elevator noise being so close to the rear of the elevator near the motors and it looks like your cabin has capacity for a 3rd and 4th guest.  Is there a pull down bed and if so is it easily seen and is it a problem? THANKS!

Did not hear any elevator noise.  A cabin that can accommodate four guests will use the sleep sofa and a bed which drops down from the ceiling.  The room steward will set up both beds in the evening and store them in the morning. Enjoyed this stateroom/location and would book again.