Canadians get a break, thanks Oceania

canuck.qc

Heads up to my fellow CDNs who might not know, Oceania has a 'Canadian Resident Offer" which will expire October 30th. It looks like it applies to many 2015 & 16 itineraries. It made a big difference for our upcoming Sirena cruise. I am certain many Canadians are not travelling abroad because of our falling dollar, so thanks Oceania for giving us a break:o

Thank you Canuck.qc ~ we as well received the Canadian Resident Offer for our upcoming Caribbean cruise March 20, 2016 and we are happy for the savings.

Edited by Wren3

So do you need to use a Canadian TA to get the deal?

No. My TA is a US online supplier. I did have to advise him of the promotion and he made the arrangements. O probably certifies persons by their profile and registration info which will show our Canadian status. The deal is totally worth it.

So do you need to use a Canadian TA to get the deal?

Hi, no I booked directly with Oceania from Canada and they advised me of the promotion.

Edited by Wren3

Heads up to my fellow CDNs who might not know, Oceania has a 'Canadian Resident Offer" which will expire October 30th. It looks like it applies to many 2015 & 16 itineraries. It made a big difference for our upcoming Sirena cruise. I am certain many Canadians are not travelling abroad because of our falling dollar, so thanks Oceania for giving us a break:o

Canuck.qc - I'm all for a better deal! How did you hear about this? We booked our cruise for February 2016 and then the Cdn dollar started falling so I wasn't looking forward to that final payment.

Does anyone know if there are any breaks for Canadians on the newly released winter 2017 itineraries?

I didn't see it but I scanned pretty fast, but since you have to call anyways, I'd just call and ask.

I don't know how true it is but I was told 25% of O's passengers are Canadians.

Since O doesn't let you book in Cdn $, I would think that they may be taking a hit in bookings from Canadians and not surprising at all.

It doesn't cost anything to ask, so I would.

If this wasn't our first O cruise, I would consider jumping on it, but we need to have the experience first before we commit to another ;)

Edited by kazu

our cruise is not till dec/16 so I had stopped checking the oceania site for price drops

unfortunately this cdn resident offer did not apply to our cruise, but luckily this thread prompted me to re-check the prices for our cruise and there was a $300pp reduction across all categories since we orig booked last spring

so thank you (merci beaucoup) to the orig poster of this thread - CANUCK.QC

you saved our family 5x$300 as a result

Canuck.qc - I'm all for a better deal! How did you hear about this? We booked our cruise for February 2016 and then the Cdn dollar started falling so I wasn't looking forward to that final payment.

I get advertising emails directly from Oceania (subscribe to their mailing)

If you are booked with a TA just give them a call to inquire whether your cruise qualifies for the offer.

If you are booked directly with O give them a call. It is a significant discount and worth looking into.

-Note- this promo is not listed along with any other promo offered with a particular cruise Ex: PPG, free internet, OLife etc...worth making a phone call

Happy travels

Edited by canuck.qc

How about a Californian discount? Our water situation is such that we are forced to drink more alcohol and it's driving the prices up. Perhaps O could give us a big break (or free) "prestige packages."

:-)

I'll drink to that! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I called my TA who checked with Oceania and no such luck for our February 2,2016 Mayan Mystic cruise. What's disappointing is there are 6 Mayan Mystic cruises from November to April and only 3 of them have this offer available. I was hoping they would offer us something but so far, nothing... oh I forgot - they are giving us free internet, which I probably won't use.

I called my TA who checked with Oceania and no such luck for our February 2,2016 Mayan Mystic cruise. What's disappointing is there are 6 Mayan Mystic cruises from November to April and only 3 of them have this offer available. I was hoping they would offer us something but so far, nothing... oh I forgot - they are giving us free internet, which I probably won't use.

Those cruises that don't have the offer are probably selling well and so O feels that there is no need to offer incentives on them. There must be a reason why you don't want to switch from the Feb. 2 to one of the other ones that have the offer?;)

Those cruises that don't have the offer are probably selling well and so O feels that there is no need to offer incentives on them. There must be a reason why you don't want to switch from the Feb. 2 to one of the other ones that have the offer?;)

I figured it must be selling well as I know February is a popular month for vacations (especially if your Canadian like me - brrr!) We haven't switched as I think we'd end up paying more - we opted out of the air and have booked our own flights so there's the cost of changing the flights ( $75 each plus difference in airfare, approx. $300)

It is odd since it looks open in most Cat