Vista Suite - Emerald Deck Star Princess

JimmyDon

Just booked a Vista Suite, Emerald Deck on the Star for an April Hawaiian cruise. Anyone stay in this aft facing suite and what comments (positive or negative) or advice would you have? Thanks in advance.

I did my first ever cruise in a suite on that deck of the star, starboard side I think.

It's a lovely cabin, nice large seating area outside, nice bathroom, huge couch (I'm over six foot tall and I could lay my full length on it) although the jet tub did sound like it was connected to a lawnmower engine... Couldn't really fault it, aside from some occasional noise from the vista lounge directly below.

Other than the hurricane and the view out those back doors with the waters of rearing up will probably stay fixed in my memory forever... [emoji16]

You'll have a great time. Good choice!

If you are in E733 you will be fine. There have been some complaints about noise from the Vista Lounge directly under E732. I don't know if it's bad enough to warrant making a change; but for a 15 day cruise I think I might see if one of the other Vista Suites is available. My favorites are D736 and D737; they have the deepest balconies.

I had E732 last Thanksgiving cruise. You'll LOVE it. Some say the wake noise is a little loud but we loved it and loved listening to it. Our sliders were always open, you really know you're on a ship. One of our best memories was sailing out of Honolulu lying on the loungers in our robes sipping champagne, the lights of Honolulu were absolutely beautiful. Also it's very private being the last door on the left. One other thing being on Emerald deck was so well located it always seemed easy to get everywhere even though you were last door on the left. We loved the spa tub too. Don't forget to at least try the Thermal Suite it's wonderful.

Yes, I loved E733 on the Star.

A great suite.

The honest truth is that the Emerald Deck balconies are smaller (not nearly as deep) as the Dolphin Deck Vista suites. As mentioned earlier, D736 is absolutely fantastic. But if D736 is not available, stick with the Emerald Deck Vista Suite.

Enjoy Hawaii! I have been on three Hawaii cruises, with a fourth one booked:)

Pearl Harbor, the whales off Maui, Volcanoes National Park, and all of Kauai are just fab!

Aloha:)

I was in E733 on the Star a couple years ago on a Hawaii cruise. It was great. I was on the quiet side and only heard a bit of sound from the Vista Lounge. The wake noise is louder than I expected, but I loved it. The deck furniture was not in great shape when I cruised, but they have probably refinished it by now. I loved the cabin itself. Here are some pictures.

DSCN1187.jpg.7c06c0267cba65c2959e1931348ea492.jpg

DSCN1191.jpg.dc539a81a9f9ffd995e4b6f2c55335da.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg.142efba151ca2b36faa320f5f8caea6e.jpg

DSCN1213.jpg.bdba3c03234e8f325be1d630d43f46c2.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg.f2887abdac97a159d67dba2ba25bb157.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg.b06da9da98f95b387d87d025f9be4037.jpg

DSCN1198.jpg.26f1d11fd85d569f846c45120d21c93b.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg.8158c2babaa52307e9d2371f5312728d.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg.6f8e7d5a28592ddb50e7eaa6cc50068d.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg.72ac5204ff27b5572fb926020976c822.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the pics! We're in this suite for a December Hawaii cruise, and the pics are great. I appreciate it.

I was in E733 on the Star a couple years ago on a Hawaii cruise. It was great. I was on the quiet side and only heard a bit of sound from the Vista Lounge. The wake noise is louder than I expected, but I loved it. The deck furniture was not in great shape when I cruised, but they have probably refinished it by now. I loved the cabin itself. Here are some pictures.