Oosterdam review Sept-20-27

AZNative2000

By "strange chairs," do you mean the ones near the elevators? Someone at HAL must scour the globe for bizarre chairs. Is this a special thing for Vistas? Westerdam had some strange chairs, too. I always do an "art walk" to see what's around the ship. Some is lovely, some makes me go "HUH?"

Yep the elevator ones as well as the Pinnacle's cross between a chair and a medieval torture device. I should do a post with pictures of HAL's bizarre chair choices.

We extended the "coastal" with 2 nights in Vancouver preceding and 3 nights in SF following.

Edited by shrimp56

Versace is used on Nieuw Amsterdam, but only for the Master Chef's Dinner.

Curious what it is now for the "regular" PG dinners.

The new Chargers in PG say "Pinnacle Grill" under them. I was told onboard that all other dishware is Rosenthal (soup bowls and other dishes were still same as before. I'm betting the Chargers are Rosenthal also.

As far back as I remember (early 80's) HAL dishware has been Rosenthal.

Appears most (if not all) of Bvlgari china is made by Rosenthal. Bulgari Fruita by Rosenthal is very much like former dishware in PG.

Edited by frankc98376

Yep the elevator ones as well as the Pinnacle's cross between a chair and a medieval torture device. I should do a post with pictures of HAL's bizarre chair choices.

We extended the "coastal" with 2 nights in Vancouver preceding and 3 nights in SF following.

The Pinnacle chairs on Zuiderdam looked like they were made of construction rebar covered with silver spray paint. :eek: Ugly but surprisingly comfortable. I don't recall the Pinnacle chairs on Westerdam, so maybe they were fairly normal.

I dunno... I've always kind of liked these:

od-pinnacle-grill_500.jpg

Better than the variation that is in Noordam's Pinnacle Bar... THESE are hideous... believe they were recently changed in the last drydock though (thank god):

119327517.kRvjkI4A.jpg

If "strange" is the new word for "ugly as hell," I'm with you there. Especially some of the furniture in the lobbies.

They say that taste is subjective, but there comes a time when hideous is hideous.

:D So true. But on the plus side (from HAL's perspective), the chairs by the elevators will never wear out because nobody sits in them.

Versace is used on Nieuw Amsterdam, but only for the Master Chef's Dinner.

Curious what it is now for the "regular" PG dinners.

I've never posted a picture but will try (sorry if it doesn't work) I was on the NA Sept 13-24. Here's what was in the PG

p><p>Here

DSCN0502.jpg

<a href=DSCN0499.jpg' alt='DSCN0499.jpg'>

As Cruise Chic said, they are more like coolers.

Officially they are mini-bars but you can have them emptied to allow for whatever you want to put in them. See thumbnail.

Cheers!

Thank you for the photo. This is just what I expected.

It's so great to be able to learn about the fine details before sailing.

:D

od-pinnacle-grill_500.jpg

Our first HAL experience was on the Zuiderdam when she was relatively new and DH and I could not believe the chairs in the Pinnacle Grill. I'm not sure what we expected, but they certainly didn't fit our idea of a nice dinner chair. Our comments were something to the effect that somewhere a castle was missing chairs from it's torture chamber. LOL

I actually ruined a pair of stockings on the chair and the maître 'd offered to replace them for me. I declined his offer, but the next day we ended up with a bottle of champagne in our cabin and a note of apology. That was thoughtful.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)