Liberty to Bermuda 10/3/15

fdthird

He said Canada but doesn't know where or what the schedule is. He part of the Entertainment staff, so will probably know after you do! We were on last Sept 19 to Bermuda,band his sister us on tomorrow with you folks.

Liberty of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas will not be able to call on Kings Warf, Bermuda as originally scheduled. Instead, the ship will sail to St. John, Canada in an effort to ensure guests have a safe and comfortable cruise.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section requesting your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at

I know several people going on this cruise and it was just posted at the Royal Caribbean website that this cruise is going to St. John's, Canada. Temps are high of 60 degrees to low of 40 degrees. Sorry this happened, but enjoy the ship and port any way!! Have fun everyone!

I wonder why they changed the route.

NJ is currently having a slight nor-easter that is winding down already & the hurricane will be far out into the sea -on Tuesday.

Since the storms are traveling North it seems a bit weird to sail in the same direction.

My friends are on the Breakaway Sunday to Bermuda & will probably be half-way there by the time the hurricane (tropical storm) even reaches the NJ/NY area.

Either way I hope all sailing have a great time & dress warmly.

Does anyone know what happens with our excursions? will there be updated excursions that we can take in St Johns? If so, how do we go and book them?

Be really careful when you start researching this, you are headed to St John, NOT St John's. I know it sounds picky but you are going to St John, New Brunswick, not St John's, Newfoundland. It is an easy thing to confuse but you want to make sure you look into the correct location.:)

Does anyone know what happens with our excursions? will there be updated excursions that we can take in St Johns? If so, how do we go and book them?

Just received this email from Royal.

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

October 2, 2015

Dear Liberty of the Seas Guest,

We are writing to provide important information regarding modifications to your scheduled itinerary.

Like most of you, we have been closely monitoring the path of Hurricane Joaquin, which is currently located in the Caribbean. The most current forecasts project that the strong and powerful storm will pass close to Bermuda, bringing high winds, waves and heavy rain. As a result, we will be unable to call into Kings Wharf, Bermuda. Your safety and that of our crew members is always our foremost concern.

By making this decision now, there is still time to be able to provide you with an alternative itinerary. Your revised itinerary will be:

Sunday--at Sea

Monday---St John 8 am to 8 pm

Tues---at Sea

Wed ---at Sea

Although this change is caused by weather, which is beyond our control, as a gesture of goodwill and to thank you for your understanding, Royal Caribbean International will provide your stateroom with an onboard credit. This credit will be applied directly to your onboard account and may be used for any onboard purchase or service. Any unused portion will be refunded to you at the end of your cruise. A letter with the amount of the credit will be delivered to your stateroom.

Guests who booked a shore excursion in Kings Wharf, Bermuda, through Royal Caribbean International, will have those funds refunded to them in the form of a credit to their onboard account. The credit will also be made directly to your onboard account and may be applied to any purchases onboard. Our Shore Excursion staff would be happy to assist you with additional activities and excursions in St. John.

Again, we sincerely regret the impact Hurricane Joaquin has on your cruise and thank you for your understanding. Our staff and crew will continue to do our very best to make your sailing as enjoyable as possible.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Safety is the most important consideration for RCL. I am not on the cruise, but a friend is.

In my opinion, there are a couple reasons RCL has rescheduled. First, the waves well offshore will be very high, even if you are not in the Hurricane itself. Although seas will still be rough heading up the coast on the updated itinerary, they will not be nearly as bad as if you were headed over the open ocean well to the east. Secondly, the Hurricane track forecast by NHC is to be just west of Bermuda on Sunday afternoon. That means the original arrival in Bermuda would be impacted. Also, being on the east side of the storm, even after it passes, means continued strong winds and showers in Bermuda into Monday. Not very nice at all.

I hope everyone on the ship has a great time and enjoys their vacation. Hopefully, you will get to see some of the early season Autumn color.

When we were re-routed at the last minute on Indy, they came up with about a half-dozen excursions we could book on the ship.

When we were re-routed at the last minute on Indy, they came up with about a half-dozen excursions we could book on the ship.

Thanks Bob, I just spent 1 1/2 hours on hold and finally hung up. Just concerned that I received a text and a phone call but not an email like others? Going to try back in a little while.

Thanks Bob, I just spent 1 1/2 hours on hold and finally hung up. Just concerned that I received a text and a phone call but not an email like others? Going to try back in a little while.

Debbie,

When I filled out the Online Check in, they asked what is your preferred Urgent Method of Contract While Traveling, I indicated my email address, why is how I received the email and also a text. IMO, no need to call Royal back.

Safe travels tomorrow :)

Edit to say, I have to agree with "bobs1016" Safety is the most important consideration for RCL.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Debbie,

When I filled out the Online Check in, they asked what is your preferred Urgent Method of Contract While Traveling, I indicated my email address, why is how I received the email and also a text. IMO, no need to call Royal back.

Safe travels tomorrow :)

Thanks, I put in my text or call as preferred Urgent Method! So now it makes sense! I appreciate it.