New Suite Online Brochure

Andy

I'm confused by references to a "different" thread with the same title as this thread that I'm now reading. But I'm even more confused by the Deck Plans on the Azamara web site for Quest:

10/8/2015-4/15/2016 -- shows the good old Quest

5/1/2016-9/9/2016 -- blank

9/23/2016-9/23/2016 -- [sure looks like 1 day to me!]

9/24/2016-12/23/2017 -- blank

Full Disclosure: since I'm sailing on 8/11/2016, I sure hope Deck 7 has the cabin I booked and not a vast empty space! ;)

I explained this in the posting right above yours. Those dates refer to the dates that cruises start...the embarkation day for the cruise.

I already gave an answer to this on the thread you referenced.

1. The dates after the April refit reflect the new stateroom layouts. The one September 2016 cruise (it's not "one day," it's one cruise) must go back to the original configuration as that is the charter being sold by an Australian travel agent using the original stateroom configuration. The dates after that charter will reflect again the after-refit configuration.

2, This is why Journey does not have multiple deck plans for different date ranges. Quest has to have the three post-refit deck plan date ranges because that is how the charter is being sold.

marinero44, realize that you have provided your reasons for this strange deck plan dropdown which at first glance makes sense. Problem is upon further thought, what you propose cannot be the correct reason for the following reasons:

1. While at first glance you have provided the reasons for the strange different deck plans for Quest while Journey has only 1 after refurb, there are quite a few reasons that on second glance your rationale cannot be correct and we need Bonnie to chime in to provide the correct rationale or correction of the website.

2. The second deck plan after refurb is only valid for one day and changes the next day. Realize you stated that the one day is embarkation day but, should remain the same if valid for the length of the cruise as changing the next day is not true if you were correct as it wouldnt' change until the next embarkation date.

3. There is also a charter on August 4-11 I am aware of just before our next cruise and there is no separate deck plan for that sailing.

Don't know for sure but, have to believe there are Journey charters plus additional Quest charters that don't have separate deck plans.

4. Last and most relevant reason is that the deck plan, if no further changes are planned as you believe will remain the same no matter a charter or no charter. Cannot change the ship for one or other charters no matter what was sold to the charter company and they cannot sell what is no longer there but, must sell for what is there. For at least the Club Continent Suites, people need to be made aware of which suites have tubs and which have showers as well as which suites have a capacity of 4 with fold out couch or which can only hold 2. Also, am sure the charter company wants to sell the new Spa.

Let's all wait for Bonnie to chime in with the correct rationale.

Respectfully yours,

Hi Bonnie,

There were some questions for you on the "New Suite Online Brochure" thread over the weekend that it appears you accidently missed as it has significantly dropped down the thread listing.

I am most interested in the strange Quest Deck options for three different options after the April refit including one of exactly one day. The Journey only has one listing after it's upcoming refit. Several possibilities were discussed but, very strange to see so many different deck layouts for one ship and only one for the other. Also, none of the future dates show the deck layouts. Assuming that the planning must be complete or very close so when can we expect to see the post refit layouts??

Thanks,

I'll try to find out when the new deck plans will become available.

The web gurus are busily trying to get the new deck plans finalized and available. As those of you who follow us closely know, there should be only two deck plan date ranges (not 3...though I'm not discrediting marinero's theory.)

They are:

Azamara Quest:

- From now through 2-Apr-2016: Current deck plans

- From 15-Apr-2016: New deck plans

Azamara Journey:

- From now through 13-Jan-2016: Current deck plans

- From 27-Jan-2016: New deck plans

Thanks for the quick reply Bonnie. Thought it was a website glitch and glad you confirmed it. Know many of us are waiting with baited breath for the deck 8 update so we know if we need to try and change suites to get our preferred bathing type.

Also hope they are working on the hoped for revised furnishings pictures for the Deck 8 Club Continental Suites. We are aware that there will be changes to the current renderings, at least the mirror and hopefully the chair/couch change and perhaps more will be available soon as well.

Thanks again for the quick response,

I was just shopping cruises online. A certain big box TA is now listing SP suites for our 2016 10 Day West Indies cruise. They are listed as 9000 and 9002. The link to the deck plan shows the current deck 9 floor plan. There were no pictures of the room or floor plan. The SP suites are priced between the N1s and the Ocean Suites. Roughly $5000 pp for 10 days.

I'm confused by references to a "different" thread with the same title as this thread that I'm now reading.

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

For a short period of time, there were 2 threads on the same topic. I've since merged the 2 threads. This is the only thread that remains.

Hope this helps !