Beer

tonkie

Hi

we are due to sail on The Epic at the end of November and was wondering what bitters they serve

Many Thanks

Bitters? Hah!

If you like American Light Lager you will be ecstatic.

If you like tasty beer......you will ........not be ecstatic.......

We find the beer selection on NCL to be very poor. The 3 "British" beers are pretty pathetic. However, they do have some quite decent German bottles on board the ships in Europe. We do like those quite a lot but they are not cheap so if you don't have a drink package you may have to sacrifice quantity for quality or vice versa.

We find the beer selection on NCL to be very poor. The 3 "British" beers are pretty pathetic. However, they do have some quite decent German bottles on board the ships in Europe. We do like those quite a lot but they are not cheap so if you don't have a drink package you may have to sacrifice quantity for quality or vice versa.

Becks and Pilsner Urquell seem to be widely available. I have found Warsteiner from time to time and there is a wheat beer as well. I think there is canned Guinness as well.

We just started drinking some flavored beers like "Not your Father's Root Beer" and "Coney Island Hard Root Beer". We are sailing on the Breakaway in November. Any chance that they have these kind of beers?

We just started drinking some flavored beers like "Not your Father's Root Beer" and "Coney Island Hard Root Beer". We are sailing on the Breakaway in November. Any chance that they have these kind of beers?

I had a sip of Not Your Father's, and it was like crack (assuming crack is highly addictive ;) )! My husband is not a beer drinker, so when we do go out, I order a beer and he orders a cider, but ever since he discovered this hard root beer he's gotten addicted! Will be interesting to see if it's on any of the ships. It's waaaaay too sweet for my taste buds, but he loves it...so that makes me happy. :D

Becks and Pilsner Urquell seem to be widely available. I have found Warsteiner from time to time and there is a wheat beer as well. I think there is canned Guinness as well.

I have had Franciszkaner and Paulaner a few times as well as the Warsteiner. I know when they have the German Buffet at lunch time on the Spirit they have quite a large display of the German beers. I will find out more if I can.

I had a sip of Not Your Father's, and it was like crack (assuming crack is highly addictive ;) )! My husband is not a beer drinker, so when we do go out, I order a beer and he orders a cider, but ever since he discovered this hard root beer he's gotten addicted! Will be interesting to see if it's on any of the ships. It's waaaaay too sweet for my taste buds, but he loves it...so that makes me happy. :D

It recently became available around us. I bought a six pack. It's like drinking A & W root beer. Makes me want to put a scoop of ice cream in it......except it is 6%. It is a fun drink to try or have occasionally. But certainly no substitute for real beer.

It recently became available around us. I bought a six pack. It's like drinking A & W root beer. Makes me want to put a scoop of ice cream in it......except it is 6%. It is a fun drink to try or have occasionally. But certainly no substitute for real beer.

Totally agree. The sugar high DH was on had him acting like a 6 year-old...or maybe the "beer" had no influence! HA! Regardless, a sip is great, but it really isn't a sub! We first had it in an Irish bar, yes an Irish bar, and then just recently saw that they're selling it at Trader Joe's now.

Edited by TravlGrl

I thought the ice cream would be a good idea, but found it to be yucky. Now with a shot of Bailey's, that tastes like a root beer float!