RCCL 29 cruise points

riekl

I assume there is no way to get '1' cruise point short of wasting time and taking like a 3 day cruise right? My wife and I have 29 points and are going on a 7 day in Nov. Would love to be Platinum for that cruise but doesn't look like there is anyway to get that '1' point (i.e. airlines will let you buy miles for high rates)

I assume there is no way to get '1' cruise point short of wasting time and taking like a 3 day cruise right? My wife and I have 29 points and are going on a 7 day in Nov. Would love to be Platinum for that cruise but doesn't look like there is anyway to get that '1' point (i.e. airlines will let you buy miles for high rates)

No way to buy cruise points on Royal, other than taking a cruise.

Not much difference going to Platinum anyhow. Robes and another repeater's party.

Don't you get extra off a balcony cabin or above?

Yes, you get a balcony discount, but that would not likely be useful to the OP's upcoming cruise in November. If the OP became Platinum right now (somehow), applying the balcony discount to the November cruise would trigger a re-pricing, which would likely not be to their advantage on a cruise this close.

Yes, you get a balcony discount, but that would not likely be useful to the OP's upcoming cruise in November. If the OP became Platinum right now (somehow), applying the balcony discount to the November cruise would trigger a re-pricing, which would likely not be to their advantage on a cruise this close.

Yes that spiteful and ridiculous "re-pricing"....:mad:

Nope, no way to buy "1" point.

I encountered the same situation and thought about a 3 day cruise prior to a scheduled 7 day cruise. However, the cost versus benefits was not worth it.

After my DW and I made Platinum we took a 7 day cruise with our DD and SIL who are Gold. At check in I was in the Platinum Priority line and my DD was in the Gold line. She was checked in 10 minutes before I was.

No way to buy cruise points on Royal, other than taking a cruise.

right. I can confirm this from own experience. Before our last TA we had also 29 points. As I ask to RCI only became a bla bla mail, how much they glad that we travel with them and on the next cruise we can use the new status. However now we are happy about the Platinum premiere on the Harmony

I feel your "pain". I also have 29 points and am going on B2B in Nov so likely will see no platinum benefit on the second leg since it takes a while to post. Two others going with me are first timers so will also not get gold benefits on the second leg. Could really use that one free drink. lol