When to book massage?

I'd like to book a couple's massage on our sea day on board Adventure of the Seas. Should I pre-book now or wait to book once on board? I was looking at pre-booking but saw something that said speak with the spa concierge to customize your couple's massage in the couples suite? So I'm not sure if we will be in a couple's suite if I pre-book? Also, I don't know if prices or availability would be different on board.

I'd like to book a couple's massage on our sea day on board Adventure of the Seas. Should I pre-book now or wait to book once on board? I was looking at pre-booking but saw something that said speak with the spa concierge to customize your couple's massage in the couples suite? So I'm not sure if we will be in a couple's suite if I pre-book? Also, I don't know if prices or availability would be different on board.

They typically have deals on board, but many times those deals are on port days. If you wait and book on board, and want to book for a sea day, I would go to the spa as soon as you board.

MNSHO here: massages on board are overpriced and , well, come with a major hard sell at the end which completely ruins the whole relaxed mood.

prices on sea days are also higher than port days.

there are several double rooms where 2 people can get a massage at the same time

that being said: once you board the first day go to the spa and Take the tour/sign up for the door prize. I have no actual proof, mind you, but it is my opinion that EVERYONE who signs up is offered some sort of deal if they do not win the actual door prizes. might just be 1 a percentage off, but a discount is a discount.

you will have no problems booking on board as long as you are flexible with times.

They typically have deals on board, but many times those deals are on port days. If you wait and book on board, and want to book for a sea day, I would go to the spa as soon as you board.

I'm looking at the pre-book options and some of the couples massages are not available on sea days and the ones that are don't have slots during certain hours around 10-11 and 4-8. Do you think all of the available options are loaded for pre-book, or would some of these times and dates be open once on board for booking? If the availability is the same, I will probably go ahead and book to lock in the day and time we would like.

Edited by LuckyAshley

if you absolutely MUST have it on X day or at X time then pre book. they do keep some slots back for people to book on board but there is no guarantee that what you want will be an option.

and you could always pre book then see about rescheduling one on board just keep in mind that overall there are fewer opportunities for a dual massage as it takes up 2 therapists and there are only so many rooms it can be done in. some ships may only have ONE room set up with 2 couches.

We used to get massages on cruises as a special treat. It was inevitable that we would book and then something would come up that we'd rather be doing during that time. Now we get all our packing and last minute errands done early in the day and book a massage at a local place that afternoon/evening before we leave and then go out to dinner so there's no mess to clean up at home. It's way cheaper, we start our vacation a bit earlier and are already relaxed!

MNSHO here: massages on board are overpriced and , well, come with a major hard sell at the end which completely ruins the whole relaxed mood.

prices on sea days are also higher than port days.

there are several double rooms where 2 people can get a massage at the same time

that being said: once you board the first day go to the spa and Take the tour/sign up for the door prize. I have no actual proof, mind you, but it is my opinion that EVERYONE who signs up is offered some sort of deal if they do not win the actual door prizes. might just be 1 a percentage off, but a discount is a discount.

you will have no problems booking on board as long as you are flexible with times.

Largely agree. I've found if you act uncertain and about to walk away, you can get deals for sea days. We did a couples massage 5/2/2011 on Allure, a sea day that was our 30th anniversary and was able to get about $75 off the price that was on the website. We've been able to shut down the hard sell as soon as it started to avoid the ruining of the mood, which I fully understand. In that instance I think we told her ahead of time.

I agree with you 110%! They are overpriced, but okay I'm going to splurge because I'm on a cruise. The LAST thing I want to hear (other than the ding that it's over of course) is the spiel about their products. No thanks! If I ever got one again, I would say up front please do not try to sell me something at the end. I know it's part of their job, but if you ask they can probably hold off.

We used to get massages on cruises as a special treat. It was inevitable that we would book and then something would come up that we'd rather be doing during that time. Now we get all our packing and last minute errands done early in the day and book a massage at a local place that afternoon/evening before we leave and then go out to dinner so there's no mess to clean up at home. It's way cheaper, we start our vacation a bit earlier and are already relaxed!

I started doing this a few times for previous cruises. Much cheaper!

We've been able to shut down the hard sell as soon as it started to avoid the ruining of the mood, which I fully understand. In that instance I think we told her ahead of time.

you got lucky. our last massage on board it went the exact opposite.. we wrote on the little pre massage form that we wanted NO hard sell. Told the go9rls before we got undressed that we were uninterested. we STILL got the hardsell at the end and we shut the one girl down HARD and she STILL would not shut up about that blasted seaweed detox package needless to say her tip was reduced to 10% and the other girl ( who to her credit never said a word) kept the automatic amount.

we now belong to one of the major chains that offers monthly subscription rates so we get one a day or two before embarkation so no more on board for us. plus I have a dedicated therapist who knows my issues( of which there are many)