Cabin 11000 Riviera

roger b

Due to a mess up by OC they have just informed me that they have given away my original cabin that I had bought and paid back in June for which was a Penthouse A1 and the only cabin they can now offer is a P 2 Cabin 11000.

Any Ideas ????

I am not sure what you are asking. A 1 is a Veranda not Penthouse. or have I misunderstood. PH11000 is a Penthouse and much larger with more amenities including a Butler. Are you being offered this at the same price as the A1? If so, it should be a good deal. Only draw back I can see is that the PH 11000 is right up the front and might be a bit more lumpy in big seas.

Nevertheless, very annoying to have lost your chosen accommodation.

Was your booking a "guarantee" or a "waitlisted" ?

No The travel agent booked one cabin when my blue docs arrived they changed it to another cabin on a different deck I did not notice this .

I then had a call to day from my travel agent to tell me that that that cabin had been given to somebody else,

The only cabin left was 11000.

No The travel agent booked one cabin when my blue docs arrived they changed it to another cabin on a different deck I did not notice this .

I then had a call to day from my travel agent to tell me that that that cabin had been given to somebody else,

The only cabin left was 11000.

My original question should have said P1

If you had already paid for the first cabin, how is it that someone else gets priority? Or had that party paid even earlier than YOU did?

Mura

Sorry have not explained this very well , this has all come about because I was wait listed for an Oceania Suite.

One became available back in September, I did not take up the offer but my agent had it held for me.

This when Oceania gave away my penthouse suite that I had booked, they then sent me my blue book with the a different cabin No.

I am not sure if my travel agent is all the ticket as she sent me a list of cabins this morning for me to chose an other suite saying she was sorry the suite I had booked had been given away, on picking a suite she rang me back later in the day to tell me all the cabins were gone except 11000 . yet I have my blue book with suite 10009 ( this was not the suite I had booked) on it surely once blue books have been issued these suites have been assigned ??

Sorry have not explained this very well , this has all come about because I was wait listed for an Oceania Suite.

One became available back in September, I did not take up the offer but my agent had it held for me.

This when Oceania gave away my penthouse suite that I had booked, they then sent me my blue book with the a different cabin No.

I am not sure if my travel agent is all the ticket as she sent me a list of cabins this morning for me to chose an other suite saying she was sorry the suite I had booked had been given away, on picking a suite she rang me back later in the day to tell me all the cabins were gone except 11000 . yet I have my blue book with suite 10009 ( this was not the suite I had booked) on it surely once blue books have been issued these suites have been assigned ??

I guess it is more complicated when you W/L for a suite with a PH booked

Then you declined the suite

The blue books are printed months in advance so anything can happen

Guess you may be stuck with the new cabin

Due to a mess up by OC they have just informed me that they have given away my original cabin that I had bought and paid back in June for which was a Penthouse A1 and the only cabin they can now offer is a P 2 Cabin 11000.

Any Ideas ????

OC came throught and put me back in original Booking !!