Something odd happened when shopping cruises...

nofancyname

I have been shopping a few different Carnival cruises via their website for about a month now. I am a past cruiser so I would input my customer number and also chose my state of residency. Doing this would display discounted prices for certain cruises so those sailings became 'front runners' as we discussed this vacation among our family. But then something odd happened....this past Monday was the last day I was able to get the discounted prices to appear. As of yesterday/Tuesday, I cannot get any discounted prices to show up - even on the cruises where I had previously seen discounts shown, the 'front runners' mentioned above. I've tried other websites where you can also book cruises and have this problem on every site. I then expanded my search to ANY cruise ANY where ANY time and there are zero discounted cruises for past cruisers. Given all the research I had done, I have copious notes on dates, prices, cabins, etc. So I am certain I am not imagining things - especially since the discount appeared on several sailings, not just 1 cruise. Any thoughts on what is going on??????

I've seen discounted prices appear one day and then the day after have seen the fare increased from what is was before the discount. In other words, a $500 pp fare fare gets dicounted to $429 for 24 hrs, then increased to $549 pp the next day. Only the Carnival IT people who do the pricing algorithms know what's going on and they aren't posting here on CC.

I've found that when I see a price I like, I need to book it. Waiting has not worked well for me.

I learned a few years back that they can change prices as much as five times in a 24 hour period. I am sailing on the Pride in June 2015. I booked my cruise

in march this year. I booked early saver and so far have received two price

drops for a total 110.00 less than when I booked. As of today the cruise I booked is 23.00 pp higher than when I booked in March. I check at least

six times a day because you never know when a discount will show up. You

have to be ready when it does. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Have you tried logging out on the Carnival website and then logging back in again? This happens to me quite often. I've found if I log out and then log back in again the special offers..if they're still available..magically reappear. Hope this helps!

Log in and try looking at the the cruises under "your Cruise Deals" listed in small red letters at the top of the home page. You might find discounted ones there. If you dont find anything you like if you have time just wait they will have more sales with Holiday season starting. I have found that once you see a price under a listed sale it rarely goes down anymore until about a month before it sails unless it is sold out. I used to get lots of price drops but not in the past year.

He who hesitates is lost. Prices can change thru Carnival , not only daily, but sometimes twice in a day, depending on how sales are looking, and how people are responding to advertising, either via TV or internet. Find what you want and go with it.

Sail happy!

Not yours. The software program most cruise lines, airlines, hotels, resorts use. It is simply revenue management. They all use it. The intent is not to bait and switch as many folks claim on CC, but to manage revenues based on historical data and current booking trends.

Keep looking, you may still find a "deal"