OBC Question

Fouremco

Does anyone know what exchange rate Celebrity is currently charging to buy OBC with Canadian dollars?

They are currently selling $25 USD OBC for $30.60, or a rate of 1.224 if my math is correct. Better than the going rate but not as good as RCI.

It changes daily (M-F) and RCI and X use the same formula and bank index so the rates from those two should be the same. Any difference would be RCI calling in at a different time of day. The USD-CDN rate has moved as much as .018 in one day recently.

It changes daily (M-F) and RCI and X use the same formula and bank index so the rates from those two should be the same. Any difference would be RCI calling in at a different time of day. The USD-CDN rate has moved as much as .018 in one day recently.

Perhaps you are right, but I've read in numerous threads that cruise lines set the rates several time a year, never daily or even monthly. The current Celebrity rate is identical to what I paid several weeks ago, and the RCI rate hasn't changed in at least several months.

I know that RCI's exchange rate remained the same from February to September and it was a really good rate which is partly why we're cruising again so soon. Guess I'll have to phone on Tuesday to check Celebrity's rate. Even 22% is much better than the bank though.

I called Celebrity yesterday about this issue and was told the rate is constantly moving up and down with our fluctuating $$$.

Perhaps you are right, but I've read in numerous threads that cruise lines set the rates several time a year, never daily or even monthly. The current Celebrity rate is identical to what I paid several weeks ago, and the RCI rate hasn't changed in at least several months.

I believe that Celebrity is talking about the rate used on board and not the rate for purchasing OBC prior to your cruise. I bought $200 in February and it cost me a grand total of $217.80! I really should have purchased way more but combined with all three perks we should be fine and not have much to pay at the end of the cruise.

snow bunny