New Silversea promotion save 10%

WesW

Have any Silversea Cruise Critics been able to take advantage of this new

SS promotion; Book any new select (Oct-Dec2016) voyage and pay in full by

Dec 10th, 2015 and get 10% off?

http://www.silversea.com/exclusive-offers/early-booking-bonus/

Saw it,wish I had the old pricing,as I think they raised the original prices 10%

Saw it,wish I had the old pricing,as I think they raised the original prices 10%

I had my eye on the spirit TA in late 2016 and see that the 10% is off the original price. Presumably Venetian savings will also apply? And what about on board saving? We could book on board in Dec and save nearly 25% (10% saving from offer, 10% Venetian 100+ days, 5% on board saving)? Sounds too good to be true!

I had my eye on the spirit TA in late 2016 and see that the 10% is off the original price. Presumably Venetian savings will also apply? And what about on board saving? We could book on board in Dec and save nearly 25% (10% saving from offer, 10% Venetian 100+ days, 5% on board saving)? Sounds too good to be true!

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I hope you're right, though. We've been looking at one of the TAs next November and 20% off (5% Venetian for us) by booking on our upcoming cruise would be nice.

It also makes me wonder a little about how they're doing financially. This promo sounds a little like something a company with cash flow issues might do.

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I hope you're right, though. We've been looking at one of the TAs next November and 20% off (5% Venetian for us) by booking on our upcoming cruise would be nice.

It also makes me wonder a little about how they're doing financially. This promo sounds a little like something a company with cash flow issues might do.

I agree Mark! Cash flow issues is exactly what I thought might be the case when I saw this promotion.

I had precisely the same thought but didn't want to be the first to raise it. I assume that the standard cancellation refund policy applies.

The Cash Flow issue always comes up when there is a special. No sense worrying about it. It is a privately held company and you will never know!

When was the last time they had a sale requiring full payment a year ahead of sailing?

They may want to increase their cash on hand, but I would not be concerned about financial issues since they just signed a contract to order a new ship.

Perhaps this is precisely why they need/want cash. And they have invested a lot in the excursion ships. This does seem like an extraordinary "promotion" I cannot recall a similar pay-fully-a-year-in-advance promotion on another luxury line.

Edited by Observer

Especially coming on top of the recent stealth promotion which involved the world's largest cruise agency offering 20-40% off Silversea prices for most cruises that were within their final payment date.

This is not such a good deal as it may look on the surface. Yes its available against prior bookings, but only at the new price. The Wind Nov 2016 crossing has gone up by £200 per head which wipes out half the additional saving, and the final payment date is brought forward by just over 7 months.

Interest rates may be low at the moment but this is definitely an offer to turn down unless you are making a booking at the new prices.

Mr. Silver, concur for those of us already booked. However, some folks (Ithaca, Toothesunset) may be able to take advantage of this offer, and may be fortunate to stack other savings on top of this (on board booking, future cruise credit, et. al).

This is the first time I can recall seeing from SS an offer for $$ by making final payment early. Am guessing that the SS marketing folks wishing to honor the integrity of the Silver privilege fare (not lower fares), came up with this discount as a way to attract bookings for end of 2016 sailings (not the most popular time to cruise).

However, do wish SS would make it policy (like Crystal's 2.5% discount if u make final payment 180 days prior to fp) that you would get a discount if you made final payment early.

This is the first time I can recall seeing from SS an offer for $$ by making final payment early. Am guessing that the SS marketing folks wishing to honor the integrity of the Silver privilege fare (not lower fares), came up with this discount as a way to attract bookings for end of 2016 sailings (not the most popular time to cruise).

However, do wish SS would make it policy (like Crystal's 2.5% discount if u make final payment 180 days prior to fp) that you would get a discount if you made final payment early.

I agree Wes, but they should have left the fares alone!

This is not such a good deal as it may look on the surface. Yes its available against prior bookings, but only at the new price. The Wind Nov 2016 crossing has gone up by £200 per head which wipes out half the additional saving, and the final payment date is brought forward by just over 7 months.

Interest rates may be low at the moment but this is definitely an offer to turn down unless you are making a booking at the new prices.

I see that the TA on the Spirit that we are interested in has gone up by £200 for a Vista. The 10% saving reduces that fare by £325 so that's a net gain of £125. Each! Now that may be loose change to all you plutocrats but it's a year's gruel money for we impoverished retired medics!!! Furthermore, doing the maths, a Veranda would be a mere £6 a day more. (And SS has confirmed that our Venetian 10% can be used to reduce the cost plus the 5% on board booking saving if it is applicable to that voyage) With Our Air Miles getting us back from Bridgetown (Virgin willing) it looks like a no-brainer.

I would agree that marking the prices up by over 5% to offer them at a reduction of 10% of the new price is a sneaky little subterfuge.

Edited by Tothesunset

I see that the TA on the Spirit that we are interested in has gone up by £200 for a Vista. The 10% saving reduces that fare by £325 so that's a net gain of £125. Each! Now that may be loose change to all you plutocrats but it's a year's gruel money for we impoverished retired medics!!! Furthermore, doing the maths, a Veranda would be a mere £6 a day more. (And SS has confirmed that our Venetian 10% can be used to reduce the cost plus the 5% on board booking saving if it is applicable to that voyage) With Our Air Miles getting us back from Bridgetown (Virgin willing) it looks like a no-brainer.

I would agree that marking the prices up by over 5% to offer them at a reduction of 10% of the new price is a sneaky little subterfuge.

I understand where you're coming from, I'm just a poor pensioner myself, trying to get by the best I can.

Mark

I saw that deal also. It is very annoying when TA's offer such a discount because you cannot go back to Silversea to match as they are not offering at 40% off only the TA is. We are on one of the voyages that the TA was offering 40% off - but what can you do?

Also the cruise we are looking at in Dec 16 they have raised the price by $300 then offered the 10%, so in reality it is 5% and they have your money for over 1 year.

In reality, the TA is paying the SS price and eating the difference. It may get them some new clients. Not sure I want that TA.

Are you suggesting that the TA was taking a loss on bookings with discounts of 20+% and that SS had not made an arrangement with the agency for reduced fares/increased commissions for pending cruises with open suites? I find it difficult to imagine that the agency would take such losses. But then too, I do not even know which agency made this offer.

Have any Silversea Cruise Critics been able to take advantage of this new

SS promotion; Book any new select (Oct-Dec2016) voyage and pay in full by

Dec 10th, 2015 and get 10% off?

http://www.silversea.com/exclusive-offers/early-booking-bonus/

Hi Wes, I have booked for the 2016 Transatlantic. I was about to do so anyway, but the 10% additional discount made me pick up the 'phone to my Travel Agent. I now have a nice V1 verandah cabin booked, costing less than my first T/A on the Spirit in 2010. It's a very good deal. Are you and Ida on this sailing?