Oasis of the Seas with the toddler under 2

No Uber in Broward County. Car Seat law strictly adhered to in Florida. I have never seen any car seat that can not be installed without a base; the base is only for cars with LATCH system and makes repeated installion of a seat easy, but all seats have a provision to just use the cars seatbelts and not need the base.

Holding kid in your lap is about the dumbest thing you can do.

I thought I would mention that Uber IS in Broward County now. almost the date of the post above the Uber service was allowed to continue. You can also get ubers with car seats, but they are less available than regular uber of course.

If you aren't a member yet you can get money off your first ride with a promo code. Here is one: 24uff

As for the car seat discussion...I'll stay out of that... :)

Thank you for letting me know. I did go ahead and registered a week or so ago and was surprised that it allowed me to estimate a trip in FLL..... Thanks for the code I will definitely use it. Since we will be arriving midnight, I will not be chancing it on the luck, so I guess I must take a seat with me. If uber won't be available, then I will be stuck in the airport because I even called GOVAN or whatever it's called and they told me to bring a seat and it was a commercial van so it looks like it does apply to all public transportation. well except bus probably not ....

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, if your child still fits in the bucket seat, I would use that since it can just be buckled in place. Rear facing is actually safer, it's just that most kids get too big to really be comfortable, and a lot of them get car sick, which is probably why your daughter hates being in it. I'm glad the forward facing convertible at home is working better, even if it's too bulky to travel with.

I don't have any advice for FL (we drive ourselves to the cruise port so we have our car seat, and relied on buses otherwise, which are safer to use without car seats). For our cruise last year with our almost-3-year-old, we bought a Uppababy stroller. They're a little pricey, but we've stopped using the jogging stroller (citi mini) because this one is much lighter and can be folded smaller and carried, but still has a spot underneath it to carry stuff and a good size shade on top. I don't have a lot of strength, so without a stroller of some kind, my husband ends up carrying our son. :) He LOVED being on the ship, though. It's not the same kind of vacation as going alone, but it's still a blast.

Have you thought about adding ice to the milk in the bottle. This will keep it colder for a lot longer. Plus it turns to water making the milk last longer. We did this on our last cruise when my Grand daughter was 9 months old. It worked a treat.

I would definitely take a stroller way to hot to carry a child. In the UK we attached sun parasols to the strollers. This allows the child to have some shade whilst sitting and napping. I thought these were used all over the world until we were constantly asked by others where we bought it from because it's a fab idea.

Take plenty of baby wipes, spoons, cup.

Containers to put snacks in.

If she still has Diapers - Diaper sacks to dispose of the Diapers.

Saline spray for their noses. The a/c plays havoc and the spray helps them breathe easier.

Stop stressing and enjoy

Hi guys, I returned back and happy to report that indeed there was plenty of milk on the ship. The room attendant was bringing ice every evening and we keep it cold that way. It is imperative to bring with you some shelf milk that doesn’t need refrigeration because you will definitely need it while going to the beach.

In regards to taxis and child car seats, both times we were approached by private drivers that took us without car seat. I mean we still used it because we already had it but I asked and they said that wouldn’t care much. However, regular taxi won’t take you without car seat because they will get fine. I didn’t use UBER because didn’t have time for it. Drivers just approach you and you agree to go with them because this is the easiest and fastest way!

Yes, sorry forgot to mention because mentioned it in my other post. Yes, Publix had the milk, Aisle 2 near cereal section. I bought so much that brought it home with me. It is of paramount importance to have it when in ports. It was a breeze, Baby enjoyed the cruise!!!! She had her favourite spots to visit and come back every day and was thrilled about the whole experience. Even flights were a breeze!!! She just played with all the new toys that I bought non stop!!!! It was great!! Thank you so much to all for your advices!!!