Oasis of the Seas with the toddler under 2

I know about bottle, milk and teeth and I have tried many times but she just refuses to go to bed without a bottle.... this is what I have to deal with right now. Will go on that travel and then later will start figuring out what to do. Doctors here are useless I find.... We don't have baby doctor, it's just general doctor that you go and see and he doesn't care much to be honest. I addressed it with him already....

I think that would be brilliant solution to buy milk that doesn't need refrigeration. I wonder whether we have it here in Canada. I will go to stores to search for it. Is it at some sort of specialty stores? Or any grocery store should have it? Or you think store at the port would have it?

The packaged milk that needs no refrigeration is widely available in Europe. Not sure about the islands. Have never shopped for milk in the Caribbean. It is available in the US. It comes in a special type of cardboard container. Never seen in stores here (live in the dairy state!). I am sure it is available on line. Read a pretty controversial article on this - something to do with the pasteurization process used for the cardboard box milk. Sure it can be researched on line. The whole process is different than what we are used to.

Yes, it looks like there is some controversy but it's all not proven. I am going for it. It's only for emergency that I will use. OMG, I will sleep well today. I am hoping I will find it in my local area, will buy supply and bring it with me.

I supposed I can check it in my checked-in luggage? Of course, I will take some with carry on but I would like to bring good supply so I am sure they won't let me in with a lot of it so will put some into checked-in. I am hoping it won't burst and leak there....

Yes, Organic Valley and Horizon have milk boxes that are stable at room temperature. I have seen Horizon single boxes at most major grocery stores, Wal Mart, and Target. Since you will be in Florida before your cruise, just go to a store and buy some when you arrive. They are sold as singles and in sets of 3. Some baby superstores carry like cases of these that have 18 or so. We did this when my girls were young. We knew we could get milk onboard but wanted as much organic as we could. It has a place for a straw and also has a pour spout if you want to put it over cereal or in a cup.

https://www.horizondairy.com/products/milk/lowfat-plain-milk-box

Geez, such a pain, the thing is that my baby never sits in that seat, she cries like crazy and most of the time I hold her on my lap anyways... Such a pain to drag it with me because I know that we not gonna use it.

Also, I am not understanding something here. Is it sufficient enough just to bring the car seat and that it? Because you cannot just put car seat in the car? It supposed to have the base that it holds to something. SHould I drag with myself car seat base as well? WIll it be checked in by airline as well.... It kinda bulky.....

No Uber in Broward County. Car Seat law strictly adhered to in Florida. I have never seen any car seat that can not be installed without a base; the base is only for cars with LATCH system and makes repeated installion of a seat easy, but all seats have a provision to just use the cars seatbelts and not need the base.

Holding kid in your lap is about the dumbest thing you can do.

Yes, it looks like there is some controversy but it's all not proven. I am going for it. It's only for emergency that I will use. OMG, I will sleep well today. I am hoping I will find it in my local area, will buy supply and bring it with me.

I supposed I can check it in my checked-in luggage? Of course, I will take some with carry on but I would like to bring good supply so I am sure they won't let me in with a lot of it so will put some into checked-in. I am hoping it won't burst and leak there....

Would pack in ziplock bags.

Would suggest putting in your carryon for the cruise portion of your trip. You run the risk of being called to the "naughty room " to identify your bag if the cartons are identified. Checked bags are x-rayed to check for smuggled items and your boxes could look like wine/liquor.

You are not limited to number of bags/sizes of liquids for carryon (unlike air travel) so would definitely carryon, even if you have all of your milk in one separate bag.

Definitely get th non-perishable milk cartons for excursions.

If you care one bit for your child don't ever hold her on your lap in a car. She will stop crying eventually when she learns she won't get her way. The crying may annoy you but it is not life threatening.

Perfect, will do. Will buy Organic Horizon once in Fort Lauderdale at the closest Walmart. Thank you so much, such a life saver to be honest. I am so happy that it exists and you told me about it. I would also buy it locally here and will try to pack with me because who knows maybe won't find it in Florida or won't have time. I don't need much. My baby will drink gallon for the entire trip 7 days. Would you recommend checking it in while flying? If I show up to the airport with a couple of 8 oz packs, like 3 - 4 that would last me for a flight, do you think I will pass the security with it??

Perfect, will do. Will buy Organic Horizon once in Fort Lauderdale at the closest Walmart. Thank you so much, such a life saver to be honest. I am so happy that it exists and you told me about it. I would also buy it locally here and will try to pack with me because who knows maybe won't find it in Florida or won't have time. I don't need much. My baby will drink gallon for the entire trip 7 days. Would you recommend checking it in while flying? If I show up to the airport with a couple of 8 oz packs, like 3 - 4 that would last me for a flight, do you think I will pass the security with it??

They usually make allowances for baby food and formula, I am not sure about milk. Check with the airline security ahead of time and see. If you see a baby super store like Babies R Us they will have cases there. Packing it will make you go over weight limits. I would just make time, you will find it. I know they have it at Publix too-that is a local super market and Target. Those are both back ups for you. You can also order it on Amazon and have it delivered to your hotel. We packed a flat duffel bag in one of our suitcases and then filled it with juice, milk, soda, and water (we were on a different line that allowed soda and water). We put a luggage tag on it and it was all delivered to our room. Most of it was consumed during the cruise and we just folded the duffle back up in a suitcase.

• 2 weeks later...

As per your recommendation I started search for Organic Valley and Horizon milk in Fort Lauderdale grocery stores and they don’t have it. I am specifically looking for the milk that doesn’t need to be stored in the fridge, so called shelf milk and I was told that brands above sell them in 8 fl cartons, it basically looks like a juice box with a straw but it’s milk. I need it to take on a cruise with me for my baby to have on the islands and I was told that it’s widely available in Fort Lauderdale. I checked Walmart and it’s out of stock in all stores within the areas. I called Publix and they sell it only in half a gallon size which is very inconvenient for me. Does anybody know where to buy this size of a milk in Fort Lauderdale?? Thanks a lot.

as per your recommendation i started search for organic valley and horizon milk in fort lauderdale grocery stores and they don’t have it. I am specifically looking for the milk that doesn’t need to be stored in the fridge, so called shelf milk and i was told that brands above sell them in 8 fl cartons, it basically looks like a juice box with a straw but it’s milk. I need it to take on a cruise with me for my baby to have on the islands and i was told that it’s widely available in fort lauderdale. I checked walmart and it’s out of stock in all stores within the areas. I called publix and they sell it only in half a gallon size which is very inconvenient for me. Does anybody know where to buy this size of a milk in fort lauderdale?? Thanks a lot.

whole foods market

2000 n federal hwy

fort lauderdale, fl 33305

(954) 565-5655

They sell it at Publix grocery stores' date=' too.[/quote']

Maybe the person that I was talking to didn't have any idea what I am asking. What department those milk boxes are usually in? With all the rest of milk? In the fridge? Or some other location in the store? I am looking at Publix that is close to the beach on 2505 Sunrise Blvd. Even on the brand website it says that they sell only half a gallon in Publix.... So I don't know what to think. I don't want to come to the store and leave with nothing so trying to search in advance in order to know where to go.....

Maybe the person that I was talking to didn't have any idea what I am asking.

This is a common Florida problem :)

I would start with the whole foods; that is the one closest to the port.

I would think IF sold at Publix it would be with the other shelf stable milks such as Parmalat, Silk, Almond milks, etc.; so, no, not in the refrigerated section.

Oh good to know..... It's strange that the customer service is not top notch. I find here in North America the service is always top notch and you can pretty much arrange over the phone anything! :)

I won't have car and don't want to spend ton on taxi driving around. I will be staying at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale and there is Publix within 1 mile there, called Publix at Galleria, is it a full fledged sufficient store that is worth checking out?

Oh good to know..... It's strange that the customer service is not top notch. I find here in North America the service is always top notch and you can pretty much arrange over the phone anything! :)

I won't have car and don't want to spend ton on taxi driving around. I will be staying at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale and there is Publix within 1 mile there, called Publix at Galleria, is it a full fledged sufficient store that is worth checking out?

I'd start by calling the whole foods that is listed on the Milk producers website as carrying what you need. Perhaps they can arrange to drop off at your hotel. Sometimes you just have to ask for a manager as whoever answers the phone isn't likely to be able to handle special requests.

This is a common Florida problem :)

I would start with the whole foods; that is the one closest to the port.

I would think IF sold at Publix it would be with the other shelf stable milks such as Parmalat, Silk, Almond milks, etc.; so, no, not in the refrigerated section.

It is sold in Publix.

They sell the 6oz 8 packs and this is exactly where it is located in Publix. I live in FL and have been in every Publix between Jacksonville to the Keys and they all have it.

Also look for Horizon milk singles. They are more common than the Organic Valley. It has been a while since I have been in a Pulblix, but here our Kroger-similar store, had a Natural/Organic section where they sell specialty foods. I would look there.

Edited by Travalerie

Is there anyway you can get some of these milk boxes at home to try before you go on your cruise? I would hate to go to all the trouble to find these once you get to Florida to also have your child refuse to drink them.

I know powdered milk has been suggested as well as formula. It might make more sense to find something your child will drink before you leave home and then just pack that powdered version and mix with bottled water while you are in port.

It sounds like your little one is very particular about what they will drink as some of these little darlings are ;):p, do a test run at home so you don't have a fight on your hands that ruins your trip.:)

Yea, my toddler is very particular but I would guess she won't refuse whole milk because whole milk is whole milk. If I had it at home, I would buy it here and be done with it but I live in Canada and we don't know it readily available. I don't want to order online either because the shipping is insane from amazon. Things are not as easy here as you have it there. :)

But as suggested here it must it in Publix.... So I guess I will search for it there. So when we are talking about Publix, what sections I can find it at? Sorry for asking all those questions but as far as I understood staff is not very helpful there so I want to make sure that I find it when I come otherwise could leave the store thinking that it was not there.... thanks a bunch!

Ok, I am looking right now and filtered to put Horizon and Organic Valley and it doesn't have small containers. All are 0.5 gallons as the person on the phone said.... Did you see 8 oz box in Isle 2 at Galleria Publix there? I'm sorry for being maybe too annoying.... :(

Ok, I am looking right now and filtered to put Horizon and Organic Valley and it doesn't have small containers. All are 0.5 gallons as the person on the phone said.... Did you see 8 oz box in Isle 2 at Galleria Publix there? I'm sorry for being maybe too annoying.... :(

Lets see if this link works:

http://www.publix.com/product-catalog/productlisting?k=HORIZON

As you can see at the top, I picked the Publix at Galleria.

Edited by reallyitsmema