Oasis of the Seas with the toddler under 2

OMG!!! It worked!!! I changed the store at the top to 2501 Sunrise at Galeria because this is the one closest and it still gave me my product!!! Says Aisle 2. OMG, I am so happy!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!! Does it mean that it's in stock and it's all good? Or they do not reflect inventory online?

OMG!!! It worked!!! I changed the store at the top to 2501 Sunrise at Galeria because this is the one closest and it still gave me my product!!! Says Aisle 2. OMG, I am so happy!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!! Does it mean that it's in stock and it's all good? Or they do not reflect inventory online?

Read the link, woman!!!;):p

The products listed are available in the Publix store you selected but may be out of stock and may not be available in other Publix, Publix GreenWise Market® or Publix Sabor® stores.

Now, you better come back and tell us that they had the milk, your child loved it and you had a wonderful cruise!:D

First of all- I get it Mom. I am a Mommy of a 5 yr old and she is my only one so all the planning can be stressful! You do not want to miss anything! We call it "1st time Mom" syndrome! 😊. Do what YOU feel is best for your baby. My daughter was premature as well and fit in her baby car seat until she was almost 2! I do however highly recommend you put her in her car seat when in a vehicle. It will be hard at first but she is much safer than in your arms in a vehicle.

As for milk, I highly recommend Horizon organic milk. Get as many as you need for the trip. It does not have to be refrigerated. If she likes it cold, As for the flight, get a soft side small cooler and put two cold packs in it with some milk. The airline can also refrigerate some for u. Just ask the flight attendant. Then once you get to FLL, stop by Walgreens and get some carton milk. Your hotel room should have a fridge in the room. Once you get onboard, have the room steward five you two buckets of ice. Use one for the milk and put it in the fridge (the fridge won't get cold just cool). For shore excursions, just put some cartons in a cooler with some ice and you should be fine on the islands.

We cruised when our baby was 2. Don't carry a big stroller. You will regret it. Just use a small umbrella stroller. You can hang diaper bag and cooler on it when u r using it. Bring your usual baby supplies you use at home but also pack a small box of kid medicine - Motrin, allergy meds, etc in case she gets sick. I would also pack some plant therapy essential oil - germ fighter blend. You can get on Amazon for 6.99 - pre diluted roll on. That will help if she gets sick. We use it all the time on our daughter when sick. Also bring a tablet she can watch movies on or play games on while yall are eating dinner. Pack plenty of disposable bibs. It will save outfits and she can rewear them (like dresses). Lots of sunscreen, floaties if she can't swim. Also bring one stuffed animal from home. 😊

Finally - enjoy yourself. Quit stressing and enjoy the excitement of the upcoming trip of a lifetime! You will be just fine and so will she!

Maybe the person that I was talking to didn't have any idea what I am asking. What department those milk boxes are usually in? With all the rest of milk? In the fridge? Or some other location in the store? I am looking at Publix that is close to the beach on 2505 Sunrise Blvd. Even on the brand website it says that they sell only half a gallon in Publix.... So I don't know what to think. I don't want to come to the store and leave with nothing so trying to search in advance in order to know where to go.....

Publix has them in the cereal isle in our grocery store in Georgia like where the rice milk and almond milk is. Kroger has them in their organic section of the store kinda close to the produce section. Walmart for sure sells them but I forget where in the store. You can also order online from Amazon and just pack with you.

Thank you so much for taking the time and giving me your advice. I really appreciate and you summarize it with all the good points! I totally agree with everything. On the car seat, I do keep her in the car seat, since I started this thread, now the toddler has 2 seats: the older bucket one and the new convertible one. She is just hitting 20 pounds so technically she can still be in the infant car seat. Now when I am driving I put her in the convertible car seat, but I am thinking for the travel, it will be so so so much easier if I can take that infant seat, it’s so much smaller and clicks on top of my stroller vs. dragging the convertible seat around. I will basically need it only for a short taxi ride, 5 miles and it’s such a waste to drag it with me for that purpose so I was thinking maybe I will still take my infant car seat but my worry is that the taxi driver will look at it and refuse us to take it in it saying that this baby is too old for this seat…. What do you think? Can they refuse taking us telling us that this seat is too small for the baby. As I said she is hitting the mark……

Milk, I should be all good, will be non-refrigerated once and will follow your advice with cooler and ice.

With stroller, I havae really big jogging stroller with big wheel, it’s heavy and huge but it’s very convenient, it will ride on the sand, it has ton of room where I can load it with stuff. My baby doesn’t sit in stroller much so umbrella would be useless. I would take jogging stroller to the beach to have her sleep in there while on the beach and at the same time it has room to load our stuff inside. I mean at the end of the day, I won’t carry stroller per se, it will be checked at the gate, and then once out, I will load it with stuff and hopefully baby will sit in it for a bit…. Why are you against big stroller? I think it’s so convenient to have, even around the ship. Again I put load it with my bag, milk, toys and all that and we would ride around in it. If staying at the pool deck, I would park it beside our lounge chairs, unless it’s not allowed. What’s the use of umbrella stroller…..

Again maybe I am wrong, it’s all in my imagination and only my thoughts because I never traveler with the baby and never travelled with that stroller and car seat…..Chime in

Your big jogging stroller is not going to work well on the ship. The passageway going to and from the cabins are narrow and often have housekeeping carts parked while the stewards are cleaning cabins. Some wheelchairs don't even make it by the carts so there is no way your stroller will. The stroller also will not fit through the cabin doorway, you will have to close it and take baby and everything out of it to go in and out of your cabin.

You don't have to buy an umbrella stroller, there are many other lightweight stroller options out there that recline and have storage. Check with friends and see if you can borrow one someone has for a week. Search in the family forum on strollers for recommendations.

Oh really?!Oh I am so disappointed! Well, I have kinda light-weight graco stroller with small whee;s, but it is so crappy. Baby never sits in there so there is no point in taking it at all..... Oh then I don't know what to do. My baby is not one of those where she sits that you ride her around and show her everything. She won't sit for a minute, she wanna get out, touch everything, walk around! So I even don't know whether there is a need to take it in the first place.... I thought if I take then I am going to take jogging stroller because it goes to the beach, it's wide and comfy and she may sleep there while on the beach so this was the only reason why I was thinking to bring it.... But in reality maybe I don't even need it. Like for example, why would you need a stroller to use aboard the ship?? Let's say we wake up in the morning, go to breakfast, she will sit there in a high chair, then we go hangout by the pool if that's the sea day. The baby will walk with us and will play in her inflatable pool with her toys, or she will go explore the ship with her daddy, in no way she would want to sit in the stroller. if it's not sea day, we would go to the port, I thought at this point it will be handy because while on the beach, she would sleep there.... And that's the only reason really. But who knows maybe that stroller will be more of a pain than a convenience. In the evening, again restaurant the baby is sitting in high chair, theaters/shows, the baby is sitting on the lap..... So do please let me know what do you think. I either have to refuse idea taking it at all with us or if taking then only jogging stroller for the comfort and it's so much easier to push, I hate regular strollers, I always want to throw it away when I use it after my jogging stroller with easier maneuvering....

Just bring the jogging stroller, it will fit fine. My BOB jogger is only 22" wide and takes up minimal storage space. Heck my Citi Mini Double (side by side) is only 29" wide, where wheelchairs are 30" wide standard. I can't imagine carrying a toddler around a big ship for a week and at ports. Plus, at that age, the kid can nap in the shade in the stroller basically anywhere.

Look at the picture of the cabin passageway in this link. It is not from the same ship but will give you an idea of the width. There are only suitcases out, not any housekeeping carts and you can see how narrow it is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48038294&postcount=6

It is up to you whether you feel it is worth bringing, I wouldn't but I am not the one who would be using it. You are going on a big ship with 6,000 people. A large stroller is going to be very difficult to maneuver in certain areas of the ship. Look at some of the picture reviews for your ship and see if you think it will be an issue.

If your baby is actually a toddler who walks everywhere and she refuses to ride in the stroller at all, there's no purpose in having a stroller on the ship.

If you want her to nap at the beach, put down a towel or blanket and bring an umbrella for shade (if you won't be renting a beach umbrella from a local vendor). Bringing a huge stroller for a couple of naps seems like a huge overkill.

If your baby is actually a toddler who walks everywhere and she refuses to ride in the stroller at all, there's no purpose in having a stroller on the ship.

If you want her to nap at the beach, put down a towel or blanket and bring an umbrella for shade (if you won't be renting a beach umbrella from a local vendor). Bringing a huge stroller for a couple of naps seems like a huge overkill.

Having a stroller with storage on a port day is more about having an easy way to transport all the toddler "stuff". Snacks, milk, toys, towels, diapers, wipes, extra clothing and on and on.

My kids liked to walk everywhere, but at that age they could never get over half a mile before it was all "I'm tired, carry me!".

I agree with the sentiment that it will be a PITA if their room is at the end of the hall, but it was my impression they mostly wanted it for port days.

Has no one thought of backpacks? Both for child and "stuff". Child is up where they can see what is around them=more content. Easy in--easy out. And if you think 20 pounds is a lot on your back, it is way easier and better for you than 20 pounds on your hip. Hands free! Have often seen kids fall asleep in them. They fold up, and most importantly do not gouge other peoples ankles like strollers. So much easier to maneuver in crowds and lines.

Use one as your carry on and then take with you for baby things.

Thank you so much for taking the time and giving me your advice. I really appreciate and you summarize it with all the good points! I totally agree with everything. On the car seat, I do keep her in the car seat, since I started this thread, now the toddler has 2 seats: the older bucket one and the new convertible one. She is just hitting 20 pounds so technically she can still be in the infant car seat. Now when I am driving I put her in the convertible car seat, but I am thinking for the travel, it will be so so so much easier if I can take that infant seat, it’s so much smaller and clicks on top of my stroller vs. dragging the convertible seat around. I will basically need it only for a short taxi ride, 5 miles and it’s such a waste to drag it with me for that purpose so I was thinking maybe I will still take my infant car seat but my worry is that the taxi driver will look at it and refuse us to take it in it saying that this baby is too old for this seat…. What do you think? Can they refuse taking us telling us that this seat is too small for the baby. As I said she is hitting the mark……

Milk, I should be all good, will be non-refrigerated once and will follow your advice with cooler and ice.

With stroller, I havae really big jogging stroller with big wheel, it’s heavy and huge but it’s very convenient, it will ride on the sand, it has ton of room where I can load it with stuff. My baby doesn’t sit in stroller much so umbrella would be useless. I would take jogging stroller to the beach to have her sleep in there while on the beach and at the same time it has room to load our stuff inside. I mean at the end of the day, I won’t carry stroller per se, it will be checked at the gate, and then once out, I will load it with stuff and hopefully baby will sit in it for a bit…. Why are you against big stroller? I think it’s so convenient to have, even around the ship. Again I put load it with my bag, milk, toys and all that and we would ride around in it. If staying at the pool deck, I would park it beside our lounge chairs, unless it’s not allowed. What’s the use of umbrella stroller…..

Again maybe I am wrong, it’s all in my imagination and only my thoughts because I never traveler with the baby and never travelled with that stroller and car seat…..Chime in

You are so very welcome!

As long as she is in a car seat, I don't think the cab driver would care. As long as you strap her in using the seat belt (or the base), he can't dictate anything in whether or not it is size appropriate. As long as she is fitting properly (in all areas) in the seat, it doesn't matter.

As for the stroller, we took her big stroller (We had a Chicco Travel System with the car seat, base and stroller). The rooms and hallways were not very big and it was very cumbersome driving the stroller around and having it in the room (taking up space). Also with the buffet, it was a nightmare navigating around and I constantly felt like people would look at me like "you are in the way." So towards the end of the cruise, we just didn't use it. We would just hold her or let her walk with us holding her hand. We also utilized the kids camp (I think a day maybe?) and it was wonderful.

I carried a lot of stuff and in hindsight, I/she probably could have lived without some things I brought if that makes sense? I know for me, I just worried way too much! ha! We've been to the beach before with the umbrella stroller and we would just load everything in it and one of us would carry her and then we would "drag" the umbrella stroller thru the sand. This way, we had something that carried all of our stuff, but it wasn't so huge. I also packed one of those little baby tents and just put her in it when she slept to keep the sun off of her.

Hope this helps!

Has no one thought of backpacks? Both for child and "stuff". Child is up where they can see what is around them=more content. Easy in--easy out. And if you think 20 pounds is a lot on your back, it is way easier and better for you than 20 pounds on your hip. Hands free! Have often seen kids fall asleep in them. They fold up, and most importantly do not gouge other peoples ankles like strollers. So much easier to maneuver in crowds and lines.

Use one as your carry on and then take with you for baby things.

Backpacks!!!! Gosh, I didn't even think about a backpack! Sooooo much easier!

Backpacks!!!! Gosh, I didn't even think about a backpack! Sooooo much easier!

Backpacks could be the solution as long as mom and dad are both willing to chip in with the carrying. Wearing a backpack for stuff on your back and baby wearing on the front is NOT fun. Living in FL, we see mostly strollers here because the humidity 9 months of the year makes baby wearing really sticky with the humidity.

Thank you so much all for your suggestions. There are some great points. I will think about it and will consult with my husband. For now I am thinking to still bring my jogging stroller, once I return back I will report back whether it was a pain or not. Thanks also in regards to car seat advise, if I take the small one, it will really be a breeze for me because it fits on top of my jogging stroller so we won't need to carry it in our hands..... I am hoping cabi won't be checking and pointing to us that it's too small for us and refusing taking us. It's just 5 mile drive so it's ridiculous to worry about it so much but who knows. I would hate to be in the situation to be stuck at the airport in the middle of the night, this is when we arrive.

Yes, I have regular one, the one with the handle when the baby was born. Is there another one without a base?

Those kind are for rear facing infants and not for 2 year olds, way over weight limit. You're really not using a car seat at home? In Florida they take it very seriously. Huge fine. No taxi will take you without seat. Our 6 year old still rides in one bc it is the law.

Those kind are for rear facing infants and not for 2 year olds, way over weight limit. You're really not using a car seat at home? In Florida they take it very seriously. Huge fine. No taxi will take you without seat. Our 6 year old still rides in one bc it is the law.

OP has been criticized in earlier posts for saying she rarely uses a car seat at home. Many posters have tried to give constructive help regarding milk, what to take, etc., but she has very definite ideas/wants. If you read the entire thread you will see. It's becoming hard to offer help/ideas.

Geez!!! what do you want from me more?!?! I told you that since I started this thread I bought additional car seat and my baby rides now in seat. She was in seat before from time to time, sometimes it's hard to keep her there when she is crying and fighting, so I was sometimes taking it freely and would take her out to show her around but NOT ANYMORE!!! She is in her convertible seat now where she faces the front, not the back of the car and it became much easier!!!

Regarding milk, following advise I started diluting it with water and this is what she drinks but still wants milk even though it's diluted, she won't take just water just yet. Also, I find it when I dilute, she started waking up in the middle of the night more often because she hungry not to bringing her milk vs. diluted milk right now!!! Stop saying that I don't follow advise. I am very appreciative of all advice and most people are really nice and thank you so much to each of you for your time. It has been really helpful to hear your thoughts!!!

Yeah I'm sorry I didn't see where you said you had bought a new car seat later on in the thread. I'm glad you bought her a car seat because Florida is really strict and you won't be able to go anywhere with her without a car seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk