Time Zone changes?

dreday3

It is not dumb at all - glad you asked. If you mean outside of Daylight Saving Time and just regular time zone changes, per sé, the Eastern Caribbean route is all one time zone. You will not change your clocks at all on this sailing. Having said that, most of the islands do not recognize DST so depending on where you are going, you will probably be behind EST by one hour. HOWEVER - stay on ship's time. This means whatever the Captain says goes. DO NOT change your watch and beware your cell phone in ports. Stay on the time that is on the ship's clocks.

Hope this helps. :)

Cruise Compass, which is delivered each evening for the following day, usually gives very specific information. Ships tend to stay on "ship's time." There is also a reminder when you leave the ship telling you what time to be back on board.

Be careful not to use a cell phone as your "watch." Cell phones will adjust to where you are in the world. Always a good idea to wear a watch.

It is not dumb at all - glad you asked. If you mean outside of Daylight Saving Time and just regular time zone changes, per sé, the Eastern Caribbean route is all one time zone. You will not change your clocks at all on this sailing. Having said that, most of the islands do not recognize DST so depending on where you are going, you will probably be behind EST by one hour. HOWEVER - stay on ship's time. This means whatever the Captain says goes. DO NOT change your watch and beware your cell phone in ports. Stay on the time that is on the ship's clocks.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks! So leaving Chicago and going to Florida, we need to move our watches ahead one hour. DST will have occurred before we sail.....um......:D....my best bet will be to get on board, note the ship time and set my watch accordingly. And I won't have to change it until back at Port Canaveral? And just ignore time on my cell. :p

Cruise Compass, which is delivered each evening for the following day, usually gives very specific information. Ships tend to stay on "ship's time." There is also a reminder when you leave the ship telling you what time to be back on board.

Be careful not to use a cell phone as your "watch." Cell phones will adjust to where you are in the world. Always a good idea to wear a watch.

Thanks, will definitely wear a watch, will bring two in fact! :D

I can turn off setting the time automatically on my iPhone. I usually do on a cruise. Likely that is the case with other phones too. So you can use your cell phone as a watch.

I do wear a watch. An Apple Watch....

Nice thing about it is that I can have a world clock on the face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515