How come Galveston gets all the really good ships?

wantocruisemore

While I am so disappointed to lose the Breeze, Galveston has the WORST itineraries. I would not fly there to take a cruise. They can only go so far.

Thrilled that the Vista is coming to Miami, and once the schedules are out for Spring 2017, we'll book one on her.:D:D

We are currently booked on the Magic out of PC next July. Looking forward to a new ship and new islands.

Secondly, why the Fascination out of San Juan? I mean, REALLY???? Crappy ship doing a great itinerary. Just frustrating. No way in HELL I would book a cruise on that ship. Guess we'll just wait until the the "next dancing of the ships"

Agreed on Fascination! We were looking forward to cruising the Virgin Islands in a scenic ocean view on the valor but the fascination reminds me of the love boat!

Adventure of the seas. The itinerary is 8 day and goes to Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Antigua and st Maarten. Port times are excellent as well.

Thanks!!!!! Will look into it. From a size standpoint what Carnival ship would you compare it to?0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!!!!! Will look into it. From a size standpoint what Carnival ship would you compare it to?0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Longer than the breeze by about 15 feet. And about as many tons as the breeze. Has some cool features that I need to look into. Has a 4.2 rating here in cc.

I already booked my 2017 cruise on the Breeze and got an awesome lido deck price. We have been waiting for the breeze to leave Miami. It's more affordable to cruise out of Galveston than Miami.

That's weird ... that hasn't been the case for me at all.

Our first cruise we drove 9hrs to New Orleans (Elation) because the exact cruise on the exact week was $1,000 less than Galveston (Triumph, pre-poop). And that is factoring in rental car, gas & 1 night in a hotel. We did get to see NOLA, though. So that was an added bonus. :)

Last November, it was virtually the same price to fly to PR, 2 nights in OSJ, and the Southern Caribbean itinerary in a Jr. suite than the same week on the Magic to Belize/Honduras/Cozumel in a balcony....also figuring in the $100 admin fee to switch.

We did get an oddly low rate for the Breeze for next Halloween. It has gone up a bit since then, though.

1. full ships

2. solid onboard spending

3. attracts customers west of Mississippi

4. crews love Galveston, friendly passenger base, versus a more aggressive, obnoxious customer base that frequent other ports. Happy staff...happy ship, happy repeat customers

#4 exactly for us... We have met some of the nicest, friendly, and overall courteous people when cruising out of Galveston, but when out of Miami...not so much! :D:D

Well not all, but by mid spring they will have 3 of the nicer 2.0 ships, liberty(which is my favorite), breeze and Triumph. Meanwhile, with all the port choices in Florida I am only left with conquest, glory and sometimes sunshine. Why not transfer and flip one of Floridas older ships to Galveston and let one of There new 2.0 enhanced come to Florida?

You got the Breeze because the new Vista is Miami bound.

While I am so disappointed to lose the Breeze, Galveston has the WORST itineraries. I would not fly there to take a cruise. They can only go so far.

Thrilled that the Vista is coming to Miami, and once the schedules are out for Spring 2017, we'll book one on her.:D:D

We are currently booked on the Magic out of PC next July. Looking forward to a new ship and new islands.

Secondly, why the Fascination out of San Juan? I mean, REALLY???? Crappy ship doing a great itinerary. Just frustrating. No way in HELL I would book a cruise on that ship. Guess we'll just wait until the the "next dancing of the ships"

:mad::mad:

The Fascination out of San Juan is absolutely ridiculous. San Juan itineraries are the absolute best but I refuse to go on the "vintage" ships they've been putting there lately.

I flew to Galveston when the Magic was new because I'm a lover of the biggest best and newest. I don't see myself doing it again.

[/i][/b]

#4 exactly for us... We have met some of the nicest, friendly, and overall courteous people when cruising out of Galveston, but when out of Miami...not so much! :D:D

Thank you! One of the things Texans always here from out-of-towers is 1) "say something so I can hear your accent" :p and 2) "everyone here is sooo nice". I guess it's a southern thing. We also call everyone, "sir" and "ma'am" which offends some people :rolleyes:

Ok I get that Galveston fills ships, but I still wish there were more 2.0 ships. Maybe that's the answer.

I'm currently planning a girls cruise with my DD, SIL and her DD for next May. Can't go til Her DD gets out of college so looking at mid May, 2016. My SIL has never cruised Carnival and always looked down on it. She only has done RCCL, Celebrity and Holland. But we're trying to go cheaper so I have talked her into Carnival and driving to the port. SC and Florida ports are only ones we can reach. Since it will be her first Carnival cruise I wanted to be sure the ship was nice and had the 2.0 features she and her DD will like. Galveston is too far for us to drive but they have the most choices. Itinerary is not as important although she expressed she has never been to Belize or Roatan ( which we love) so that itinerary would be a plus. Sighhhh.

I'll figure it out but I can still wish there were more 2.0 ships that went out of Florida.

Edited by wantocruisemore

[/i][/b]

I live in Texas. The people out of Galveston and New Orleans are very fun and nice people to be around. When I did a B2B in April out of Port Canaveral, I noticed a big difference. Some passengers were rude and not pleasant to be around.

Snipped down your quote just a bit.

I think you answered this yourself.

Galveston can't attract cruisers based on itinerary- so Carnival has to do it with ships. San Juan has amazing itineraries that cruisers will come to for the ports; so Carnival doesn't have to put the greatest ship there to attract the customers.

I wouldn't fly to Galveston to cruise (heck- with the Houston airport/rental car situation, it is a giant pain in the ass) but we LOVE cruising out of there when we are already visiting family in Texas. And we actually do like the Galveston itineraries, but they are incredibly limited.

I wish I had the vacation time to fly to San Juan and take a cruise; because I don't care what ship I'd be on; those ports look phenomenal.

Western ports are nice, but extend a little further into the east beyond the Bahamas now and then.

They have a few one-way trips to or from Galveston that explore the Eastern Caribbean. Some can be combined into a back-to-back. You can look at the current list here: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/cruise-search/?dur=D3&embkCode=GAL

:mad::mad:

I would not call them the WORST itineraries, but they are limited.