PHOTO REVIEW: Explorer of The Seas (2nd Oct 2015)

TheGinBoy

One of the biggest draws to cruising for myself and Tommy is the ability to just stop and do nothing. A large part of which is sunbathing and chilling by the pool.

We didn't really use the main pool area - too noisy, too many children.

We tend to use the Solarium area. No kids, pretty quiet, has it's own bar - bliss.

It was a smaller Solarium than we were used to on Liberty, but it was nice nonetheless.

The only problem, and it was a problem, was that people were aggressively reserving loungers with towels and shorts etc - and then buggering off. NOT ONCE in the whole week did we see a staff member removing items from reserved loungers as per the signs, not once.

At the beginning of the week we just waited around until loungers became free, but by the end of the week we learnt how to identify lounger hogs and after 30 mins picked up towels and dropped them in at the towel desk and took the loungers back for ourselves.

Mercenary? Perhaps. But necessary. Don't be a pool lounger douche.

Well done! What I like to do is simply move the chair nearby and hope that the Hog returns. If he does, all he knows is his chair is gone and he has no idea who moved it. The Hogfusion is wonderful to watch.

Great review btw, thanks.

Forgive me if this has been asked & answered...

What camera/lens set did you use - pics are "spot-on"!!!:)

I've got the Canon EOS100D and my photos were either taken with the stock 18-55mm lens, or the 55mm f1.8 fixed prime lens.

This happens to us EVERY TIME on all different lines, we ALWAYS ask for a double and always get singles, I think they see Mr and Mr and just assume, it gets quite frustrating after a while, but looking forward to the review, nice photo's!

Glad to know it's not just me this happens to.

Our beds are always separated, even though we request together. My partner and I share the same last name, so I think they must assume we are brothers.

It's not a big deal, and I'm used to it. Happens all time (When flying, and they take my supper order, and they notice two Mr's with the same last name, they always think we're brothers. lol. I've said " Not Brothers, but Lovers! " lol )

Loving your review. We will be on Explorer next year out of Seattle.

So I've not really done a review before. So bear with me on this one.

...oh you said BEAR with me. Not bare. Fine, I'll put my clothes back on, but I think this would have been better as a naked review.

Thanks for sharing! It was lovely revisiting this trip through your eyes and your pictures are beautiful. I, too, had a lot of fun at the naughty table.