Bringing wine on board for the first time

Thanks. I will ask my TA about it. Is security that "on the ball" that they would check to make sure there is an adult in each room?

Depends on the port but in my experience, no. Last week in Galveston we could have carried a case on and no one would have said anything. They did not ask us a thing or send us over to the table where they check it. But some were getting theirs checked over. We have had the same experience in Cape Canaveral. I think they profile people because in Cape Canaveral we saw them taking bottles from people that had to many.

Depends on the port but in my experience, no. Last week in Galveston we could have carried a case on and no one would have said anything. They did not ask us a thing or send us over to the table where they check it. But some were getting theirs checked over. We have had the same experience in Cape Canaveral. I think they profile people because in Cape Canaveral we saw them taking bottles from people that had to many.

I never had a problem until my last time out of Port Canaveral. You are allowed to bring 4 bottles on if doing a B2B. I showed them the paperwork for the 2nd leg and NOPE. They pointed out the table to turn 2 bottles in. At the end of the first cruise I had to hunt down where the other 2 bottles were kept.

I never had a problem until my last time out of Port Canaveral. You are allowed to bring 4 bottles on if doing a B2B. I showed them the paperwork for the 2nd leg and NOPE. They pointed out the table to turn 2 bottles in. At the end of the first cruise I had to hunt down where the other 2 bottles were kept.

At least they give back what was brought on over the limit or beyond wine. Not true with Princess. They take everything and do not return. Must be a fun time for the crew.

We're new to RCI and used to the varying rules of other lines. After reading this thread, I just want to verify:

1. The allowance is 2 bottles per cabin, not 1 bottle per adult. So for an adult and a child sharing a cabin, 2 bottles would be allowed?

2. The wine can be consumed in a restaurant with no corkage fee. Could the wine also be brought to a pool area without corkage fees?

Thanks.

Do we pay a fee for each bottle before we board?

Thank you.

No fees at all, either before or during the cruise.

This is wonderful! Thank you! Six adults in our party will be getting the drink package but my mom wont utilize it enough to purchase however she enjoys wine and champagne at dinner. Webhave four cabins so can bring on 8 bottles of wine and champagne. Thanks so much!

On my last cruise, we brought two bottles of wine. I put the white in the mini fridge.

On embarkation day, when the room steward introduced himself, I asked for 2 wine glasses and a cork screw. He brought them about 20 minutes later.

Usually we poured a glass in the stateroom and then brought it with us. Sometimes we just sat on our balcony and enjoyed the wine.

We never brought the bottle to the MDR but we bought bottles and drank them over multiple nights.

I thought I saw a sign about corkerage fees a couple of weeks ago on the FOS, but I didn't look into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk