Bringing wine on board for the first time

I am not new to cruising, but it's my first time to bring a bottle of wine on board on the upcoming cruise, May I ask if I should keep the wine in my statement room or give it to the dining staff at the first night? Thank you! :)

I'd keep it in the stateroom and bring a bottle to the dining room as needed. They can keep any unfinished bottles in the dining room for subsequent dinners.

I am not new to cruising, but it's my first time to bring a bottle of wine on board on the upcoming cruise, May I ask if I should keep the wine in my statement room or give it to the dining staff at the first night? Thank you! :)

on the rare occasion you do not kill the bottle at dinner you may certainly do either.. let them store it for you or have them recork it for you to take back to the room.

I never once considered taking a bottle of wine I brought on board to the dining room. I have however taken a bottle of wine I bought in the dining room back to the room with me :cool:

It is good to know I can take a bottle of wine to the MDR and they will hold that for me just like a bottle I buy there.

I never once considered taking a bottle of wine I brought on board to the dining room. I have however taken a bottle of wine I bought in the dining room back to the room with me :cool:

It is good to know I can take a bottle of wine to the MDR and they will hold that for me just like a bottle I buy there.

Plus, no corkage fees either.:)

Plus, no corkage fees either.:)

If you choose to have one glass of wine each evening with dinner and they store the bottle they will bring it to any dining venue you choose ie. specialty, Windjammer, MDR. I really loved that they do that.

Edited by travelbuddies

We're new to RCI and used to the varying rules of other lines. After reading this thread, I just want to verify:

1. The allowance is 2 bottles per cabin, not 1 bottle per adult. So for an adult and a child sharing a cabin, 2 bottles would be allowed?

2. The wine can be consumed in a restaurant with no corkage fee. Could the wine also be brought to a pool area without corkage fees?

Thanks.

We're new to RCI and used to the varying rules of other lines. After reading this thread, I just want to verify:

1. The allowance is 2 bottles per cabin, not 1 bottle per adult. So for an adult and a child sharing a cabin, 2 bottles would be allowed? Yes

2. The wine can be consumed in a restaurant with no corkage fee. Could the wine also be brought to a pool area without corkage fees? Yes, but they don't want glass in the pool area. Better to use a plastic glass.

Thanks.

See above.

Edited by clarea

Thanks Fouremco for asking and Bob for answering ... I was wondering this for our next Oasis cruise. Because we have adjoining cabins .... kids are in their own cabin (no adult on the ressie). If we can bring on 4 bottles of wine and no corkage fee - sweet : )

Only two bottles, you can switch your reservations to one adult in each room and then you can take four. That is what we do. Some people say they do that and switch the names back after they are onboard at guest services. We have not done that, we just get an extra key to each room.

Only two bottles, you can switch your reservations to one adult in each room and then you can take four. That is what we do. Some people say they do that and switch the names back after they are onboard at guest services. We have not done that, we just get an extra key to each room.

Thanks. I will ask my TA about it. Is security that "on the ball" that they would check to make sure there is an adult in each room?

Thanks. I will ask my TA about it. Is security that "on the ball" that they would check to make sure there is an adult in each room?

Unpredicable. Sometimes if you have wine, you are directed to a table where they log the number of bottes per stateroom.