Transportation from LAX hotel to Long Beach port

Beverlyf

Either look north to Santa Monica or look south into Orange County.

If you don't mind the 2.5 hour drive, the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego is the Grande Dame of SoCal beach hotels.

Great info! We're coming in 5 days prior and would like to stay on the BEACH. Right on the beach if possible, however, I see a lot of hotels around Long Beach aren't on the beach. Any recommendations? I had to look clear up to Santa Monica when I was just started to research beaches on the coast.

There are very few hotels "on the beach", as that isn't allowed by law. Be happy if you are within a block or two.

Edited by CruiserBruce

There aren't "beach" hotels in LB because there really isn't any beach (hope that makes sense). You might check Huntington Beach, a few miles south (Surf City, USA) if you want a long, sandy beach. Hyatt Regency there is great (beach is across PCH) and there are smaller motels. Even farther south through Newport down to Dana Point are a string of 4* beach resorts if that's what you're looking for.

To the north there's the Terrenea resort in Palos Verdes and nice midrange motels in the Manhattan / Redondo / Hermosa Beach areas.

None of these are right on the sand...for something VERY unique, check into the historic beach cottages at Crystal Cove State Park (where the old movie "Beaches" was filmed): http://www.crystalcovebeachcottages.com/html/

Hope this helps!

Edited by kenish

There aren't "beach" hotels in LB because there really isn't any beach (hope that makes sense).

Hope this helps!

Sorry, but there is a very large, miles long beach in Long Beach and I walk along the walking/bike path quite a bit. Most of it is residential however.

One hotel is on the bluff above the beach: Beach Plaza Hotel at 2010 E. Ocean Blvd. The Yelp reviews are decidedly mixed however.

There is a very nice Hyatt at the Convention Center very near the waterfront. Lots of places to eat within walking distance. Walk to Shoreline Village, downtown, and the Pike. From here the beach is about 1/4 mile along the nice bike/walking path adjacent to the small boat marina. It is directly across the inlet from the cruise terminal - a short taxi ride away.

There is a very nice Hyatt at the Convention Center very near the waterfront. Lots of places to eat within walking distance. Walk to Shoreline Village, downtown, and the Pike. From here the beach is about 1/4 mile along the nice bike/walking path adjacent to the small boat marina. It is directly across the inlet from the cruise terminal - a short taxi ride away.

From the Convention Center the free Long Beach Passport bus is very convenient and easy to use. Stops at the Queen Mary/Dome, Convention Center, Walmart and other places. B

Great info! We're coming in 5 days prior and would like to stay on the BEACH. Right on the beach if possible, however, I see a lot of hotels around Long Beach aren't on the beach. Any recommendations? I had to look clear up to Santa Monica when I was just started to research beaches on the coast.

As you didn't say when your cruise is, you may want to be aware that it usually isn't beach weather in this area except between mid-June and mid-October. A very heavy rainy season is predicted (and actually wanted by most of us locals) for this year -- that should be starting soon and lasts til February or March.