Late flight from Miami Post-cruise

Alexv500

Hi all! I've been browsing for some information on what we can do post cruise in Miami with a late flight that doesn't leave till 8pm. All the threads I've found were all for post cruise in Fort Lauderdale so I am looking for some info on what to do in this situation in Miami. We will be on the Carnival Glory in March, disembarking on March 26. Our flight doesn't leave till 8pm and we will have 3 kids with, including a 2 year old.

My main concern is where are some places where I can store all of our luggage for the day? since our flight back home won't be till 8pm and we definitely don't want to be carrying around ALLL that luggage all day!

Thanks in advance!

Cab to MIA, store bags there (small fee), then catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for under $3 each. Shopping, dining, drinks, beach, people watching etc. and then back on the bus to MIA in time to catch your flight.

Your other option is to taxi to South Beach where some of the larger hotels will watch your bags and allow you to buy a pass to use their pool/spa/beach area. Then taxi/bus to MIA for your flight.

Cab to MIA, store bags there (small fee), then catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for under $3 each. Shopping, dining, drinks, beach, people watching etc. and then back on the bus to MIA in time to catch your flight.

Your other option is to taxi to South Beach where some of the larger hotels will watch your bags and allow you to buy a pass to use their pool/spa/beach area. Then taxi/bus to MIA for your flight.

I second this idea... My last 2 cruises I did a taxi to MIA, store luggage and buy a day pass for the bus system ($5.65). Take the Airport Flyer to South Beach, have lunch, take in the sights. With the day pass you can jump on basically any of the buses that go up and down Miami Beach...

Edited by sid_9169

Since you have three kids, I would priceline a room at the beach for the night that you disembark. As soon as you book, call the hotel and have them note on your reservation that you are only using it for a day room and will be arriving early that morning and will not be spending the night.

Even though your room may not be ready when you arrive, they will hold your luggage and you can use the pool and hotel facilities.

Your room will be ready by the time you need to shower and change and head to the airport.

You can always swing by a Publix or walk to one and get picnic supplies and collapsible coolers (they are $2.50 and work) for the beach. OMG Publix fried chicken!

A beach hotel will provide beach chairs and umbrellas for your family.

Edited by BlueHerons

• 4 weeks later...
I second this idea... My last 2 cruises I did a taxi to MIA, store luggage and buy a day pass for the bus system ($5.65). Take the Airport Flyer to South Beach, have lunch, take in the sights. With the day pass you can jump on basically any of the buses that go up and down Miami Beach...

My friend and I have a late flight. Who stored your luggage while you tour South Beach? I love this idea.

Can one store bags at the airport without having a flight scheduled the day you want to store your bags? For example, we disembark on a Sunday morning in Miami, but want to spend part of the day around South Beach (without lugging luggage around). Would we be able to store our bags at MIA while we tour South Beach? We're then heading to Ft. Lauderdale late afternoon and won't be flying out for several days.