Soda and wine questions not answered in FAQ

dansu

We are on a b2b Oasis of the Seas - I am looking for someone who has purchased a basic soda package and/or brought water / soda on board. I have already read the FAQs and it is pretty clear about alcoholic beverages...but extremely vague on non-alcoholic beverages.

1. Does anyone know if the basic soda package also includes cans?, and 2. May we bring on bottles of water and bottles of soda for the cabin?

Also, on a b2b where we are not planning on going into Fort Lauderdale on the crossover day, may we bring 2 additional bottles of wine for the cabin? The FAQs says they confiscate additional wine and return it on the last day of the cruise. Has anyone ever brought on 4 bottles of wine for b2b cruises, and if so, what did RCI do with the 2 additional bottles? Was it confiscated and returned on night 7, or night 14, or did they let you keep it in the cabin with you from day 1.

Thanks

Dansu

Edited by dansu
Typo in tile

We are on a b2b Oasis of the Seas - I am looking for someone who has purchased a basic soda package and/or brought water / soda on board. I have already read the FAQs and it is pretty clear about alcoholic beverages...but extremely vague on non-alcoholic beverages.

1. Does anyone know if the basic soda package also includes cans?, and 2. May we bring on bottles of water and bottles of soda for the cabin?

Also, on a b2b where we are not planning on going into Fort Lauderdale on the crossover day, may we bring 2 additional bottles of wine for the cabin? The FAQs says they confiscate additional wine and return it on the last day of the cruise. Has anyone ever brought on 4 bottles of wine for b2b cruises, and if so, what did RCI do with the 2 additional bottles? Was it confiscated and returned on night 7, or night 14, or did they let you keep it in the cabin with you from day 1.

Thanks

Dansu

Here is the FAQ for back to back cruises and wine.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5447&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

officially only the guns count for the soda package or the ships with Freestyle machine the cup with the chip and you self serve. I have actually only seen cans dispensed in the Concierge/Diamond Lounges.

also officially no soda or other beverages may be brought on board. enforcement of this is ...spotty.. at best. some people swear they have always had it confiscated, others say never and still others say only during certain cruises.

as Far as Wine: again..spotty is the closest approximation.

IOW: you takes your chances.

*full disclosure: have not yet managed a back to back. it is on the bucket list though....