Law Enforcement discount

Sparky333

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the answer - does anyone know if the law enforcement discount would only apply to sworn officers or also administrative staff? I looked into that once before and was told admin could get it also with proper ID. I just wonder if you call and book that way and then get to the port and show the LE admin ID if there's a possibility of that person saying "oh, admin doesn't qualify" in which case I'd be charged the difference on the spot.

I think asking on the phone they would tell you yes just to get you booked - but there could be some disconnect between the customer service staff on the phone vs. at the port.

Quoted from Cruising Power:

"At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active employee of a local, state or federal law enforcement agency or fire department in the United States. Qualified guests must present valid proof of employment (badge or ID) plus a second form of identification when boarding the ship. The offer is not valid where restricted by applicable law."

Note the term "active employee".

Edited by oneputt18

I think asking on the phone they would tell you yes just to get you booked - but there could be some disconnect between the customer service staff on the phone vs. at the port.

I had a question about the military rate (when it was offered) and asked them in a written form (email) ...... got the answer in few days...... and I printed the email from X ....... so hopefully if someone will question at the port they can look at the answer from X and act accordingly.

Quoted from Cruising Power:

"At least one guest in the stateroom must be an active employee of a local, state or federal law enforcement agency or fire department in the United States. Qualified guests must present valid proof of employment (badge or ID) plus a second form of identification when boarding the ship. The offer is not valid where restricted by applicable law."

Note the term "active employee".

And yet when you go to book they also include retired members, here's the wording from the booking section.

Are you an active or retired member of U.S. or Canadian Police, Fire Dept. or EMT?

A valid US or Canadian local, state law enforcement, fire department, or EMT employment badge or ID must be presented at the pier to validate eligibility for any applicable Exclusive Rate. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or denied boarding.

Can someone explain to me why these special ratjes for military, police, firefighters, government officials only apply to US citizens?

On US booking site it says 'active or retired member of U.S. or Canadian Police, Fire Dept. or EMT'

On rare occasions we get the military discount. We have never been asked to show proof of service, but we always carry it with us just in case.

I wonder why Celebrity treats citizens of other countries throughout the world differently than US and Canadian citizens? I somehow find this not acceptable.

On rare occasions we get the military discount. We have never been asked to show proof of service, but we always carry it with us just in case.

I wonder why Celebrity treats citizens of other countries throughout the world differently than US and Canadian citizens? I somehow find this not acceptable.

These discounts are sometimes offered as marketing effort to boost slow bookings and may be limited in number. BTW, you don't get or lose your BBB perks if you switch to these discounted rates.

The state residency discount is selectively applied and could be considered differential treatment within the USA.

Often, selective discounts are restricted by price regulations from being offered in different countries. Happy Cruising

Edited by greydog

Sometimes you have to search in your own country for discounts or just ask, I work for the nhs, and get 10% through a scheme called blue light card. I would suggest people research or look at what ever site they have that shows the benefits for their country.

Hi - just wanted to update this thread after calling to book today. The law enforcement discount is no longer offered for federal LE agencies. The Celebrity rep read me a paragraph about the policy changing because federal employees couldn't accept a discount which was discriminatory and since it didn't apply to all federal employees, only LE, it was not allowed.

I'm sure glad I asked about federal agencies being included or I would've gotten a shocker when I tried to check in :o

Edited by Sparky333