Any Guesses/Theories on Oasis Dining in December 2016?

Jestocost

Just booked the eight-day Western on Oasis for Dec. 23-31, 2016 and am thoroughly confused about the dining situation. I see that Dynamic Dining on the Oasis has been "delayed," but the RCCL site still has a page announcing DD on Oasis-class ships and the FAQ continues to suggest it is still coming. What's more, there currently is no availability for early or late traditional dining--only for MTD--which suggests to me they are still planning on something other than traditional dining for those dates.

Does anyone have any information to suggest where RCCL is heading on this issue or is it just a hopelessly confused situation at this point? Maybe they just need to rebrand it as What the "Heck" Dining?

Edited by Jestocost

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There is no DD on Oasis class, it's been cancelled. There is only My Time and Traditional.

Traditional on your sailing is likely full. You can try to get on a wait list for traditional. Failing that, try to move when you get onboard.

Edited by clarea

The rollout of Dynamic Dining on the Oasis class was completely canceled this past July.

Q: Is Dynamic Dining coming to the entire fleet?

A: The revolutionary Dynamic Dining concept was created for Royal Caribbean International's newest and most technologically advanced Quantum-class ships. It has been decided not to introduce the Dynamic Dining concept to the rest of the fleet, which was not specifically designed to support it, although previously announced for Oasis-class ships.

Just booked the eight-day Western on Oasis for Dec. 23-31, 2016 and am thoroughly confused about the dining situation. I see that Dynamic Dining on the Oasis has been "delayed," but the RCCL site still has a page announcing DD on Oasis-class ships and the FAQ continues to suggest it is still coming. What's more, there currently is no availability for early or late traditional dining--only for MTD--which suggests to me they are still planning on something other than traditional dining for those dates.

Does anyone have any information to suggest where RCCL is heading on this issue or is it just a hopelessly confused situation at this point? Maybe they just need to rebrand it as What the "Heck" Dining?

Not sure where you are finding info that still says DD is coming to Oasis, because it is NOT. And I don't see anything on the Royal website that suggests that it will be.

Early and are seating may not be available because that sailing is very popular and the seatings may already be filled. But I would guess that early or late will open up at some point before your cruise (a lot of times they do). You may be able to be waitlisted.

Not sure where you are finding info that still says DD is coming to Oasis, because it is NOT. And I don't see anything on the Royal website that suggests that it will be.

Early and are seating may not be available because that sailing is very popular and the seatings may already be filled. But I would guess that early or late will open up at some point before your cruise (a lot of times they do). You may be able to be waitlisted.

Well there is this.

In a statement issued to travel agents, the cruise line said: "At this time, it has been decided not to introduce Dynamic Dining on any of the other Royal Caribbean ships which have not been designed to support the concept. Guests on Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas will select from two seating times in the main dining room; the flexible My Time Dining program, which offers guests the flexibility to select their own seating time and table companions in a dedicated portion of the main dining room; or from an extensive variety of specialty restaurants."

Well, there's this:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/oasisoftheseas/dining/

I linked to and quoted directly from what they provided travel agents in my previous post. The "at this time" language you've highlighted appears nowhere in it.

All i did was post what was written in the cruise critic article i linked above. My apologies. Geez. Maybe you should take that up with cruise critic.

Edited by ryano

All i did was post what was written in the cruise critic article i linked above. My apologies. Geez. Maybe you should take that up with cruise critic.

Apologies if you thought I was jumping down your throat, I was just pointing out that in Royal's actual communication they don't use the "at this time" language. If anything, I'd guess whomever wrote the article for Cruise Critic meant to put that outside of the quotes because the only place I'm seeing the "at this time" language is on other cruise blogs. The only Royal Caribbean communications I'm seeing with any "at this time" language is their 10/13/14 communique stating that there were no plans to implement Dynamic Dining on Freedom of the Seas during her then-pending drydock. The 7/7/15 communique uses the more definitive language I provided above.

Suffice it to say that the dining information on the RCCI Web site is a confusing disaster. Dynamic Dining is the lead feature on the main dining page and the copy makes no reference regarding on which ships it is and is not offered. And the dining guide brochure indicates that American Icon, Silk and Wonderland all are options on the Oasis.

Suffice it to say that the dining information on the RCCI Web site is a confusing disaster. Dynamic Dining is the lead feature on the main dining page and the copy makes no reference regarding on which ships it is and is not offered. And the dining guide brochure indicates that American Icon, Silk and Wonderland all are options on the Oasis.

Even more confusing is that fact that the 3 different decks of the Oasis Main Dining Room are called American Icon, Silk, and Grande, but they all serve the same food.