Escape Room on Anthem of the Seas

We're booked on the Anthem in April, '16. MANY features of the ship were attractive, but one little item that caught our eye was the "Escape Room". We've done a couple of these on land, and they are loads of fun. While not a dealbreaker AT ALL if there isn't one...it haven't heard much about them. Certainly not currently advertised on the RCI web site. I've seen one or two older reviews that mention it...but feel like it hasn't come up recently.

Are they still doing it? Anyone done it and care to share their impressions? How does one go about booking a slot (onboard? Will it be available online at some point?)

Again, not a dealbreaker, but if it's gone, I might as well start getting over the mild disappointment now!

Thanks for the help.

What's an escape room?

A group of people, usually 6-12, get locked into a room for an hour. The room is full of various clues and other locked items. The goal is to work together to solve a bunch of puzzles, that eventually lead you to the key to get OUT of the room. It's a mad house and it's a blast!

We did it on the cruise that left Southampton on 28 September. Great fun and we did it with 16 minutes and 29 seconds to go. It's not advertised as such and has to booked on board.

Thanks to everyone for your reassuring responses. Sounds like it happens, but it not heavily featured in promotions (which I'm fine with, will make it easier to get in!).

Getting out with 16 minutes to spare is pretty darn good. The first one my family and I ever did was a failure (although it was billed as the hardest room in Denver) and the 2nd one here in Albuquerque we finished with all of 90 seconds left on the clock. Those last couple of minutes were FRANTIC!!!

Hello!

From the research we have done into this I believe it is called "Puzzle Break" if that helps find it on RCI's website anywhere!

thejewgernaut did a Live Blog of his honeymoon sailing on the Anthem and answered some of my questions regarding how and where to book it...

You book it at the activities desk in seaplex- which I confess to not knowing the location of, as I just booked it at guest services. Usually 4x a day on sea days.

Also, here's the thread as he reviewed a lot of the other activities, restaurants, etc. if you're at all interested! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236078&highlight=puzzle

We did it with a group from our roll call. It's not easy to book. Guest Relations had no knowledge of it however it's in a room near the Seaplex desk (the place where they issue the roller skates) and that is where we booked. It is superb fun. Our group did it but with only 8 seconds to spare. I love that Royal invested in such a minority idea but which is so enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did it with a group from our roll call. It's not easy to book. Guest Relations had no knowledge of it however it's in a room near the Seaplex desk (the place where they issue the roller skates) and that is where we booked. It is superb fun. Our group did it but with only 8 seconds to spare. I love that Royal invested in such a minority idea but which is so enjoyable.

Helpful. We'll be sure to sign up at that area near sea plex. Do they make you do it with a large group or is 8 people enough?

Do I ask for Puzzle Break or escape room?

Edited by conandrob240

I'm looking forward to this as well.

Just one of the little extras that lured to me to a recent Anthem booking.

Yep, me too. Not a dealbreaker if it wasn't there still...but I have to admit I'm pretty excited. They're fun!

Is there a minimum age for this? My 8 year old will be sailing with us. I know that it sounds ridiculous, but she is part of the family, and if the family is doing this ...

Also, how many times a day is this offered? Only on sea days? Are there several different puzzles offered or is it just one?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Helpful. We'll be sure to sign up at that area near sea plex. Do they make you do it with a large group or is 8 people enough?

Do I ask for Puzzle Break or escape room?

The minimum to run it is 6 so 8 is fine but they will take up to 12 or 13 so there may be strangers added to your group. That happened to us but we made new friends very quickly in the room. Officially it's called 'Escape from the future by Puzzle Break' but the Seaplex people knew what I meant when I asked for the Puzzle Room. I did note later in the cruise that it appeared on the Royal IQ app but wasn't on the app on boarding.

Is there a minimum age for this? My 8 year old will be sailing with us. I know that it sounds ridiculous, but she is part of the family, and if the family is doing this ...

Also, how many times a day is this offered? Only on sea days? Are there several different puzzles offered or is it just one?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm sorry I never saw anything about a minimum age although the tasks are quite difficult so I'm unsure if an 8 year old would feel a little left out.

It was only on sea days on our 13 nighter and it ran 4 times per day. There is only one puzzle room, it isn't changed.

Edited by kevinyork

We did it on the cruise that left Southampton on 28 September. Great fun and we did it with 16 minutes and 29 seconds to go. It's not advertised as such and has to booked on board.

Wow that must have been an amazing bunch of smart people in the group!

You can book it easily through the Royal iQ App - that's what I did for our group of 9.

And I won't comment the 8 seconds ;)

What happens if you dont make it out in time?:eek::eek:

The Escape Room will be flooded and you are supposed to be flushed into the sea :D

There is an instructor with you who will just let you out.

You can also choose to leave anytime you want before the countdown is over.

Edited by UniPac

The minimum to run it is 6 so 8 is fine but they will take up to 12 or 13 so there may be strangers added to your group. That happened to us but we made new friends very quickly in the room. Officially it's called 'Escape from the future by Puzzle Break' but the Seaplex people knew what I meant when I asked for the Puzzle Room. I did note later in the cruise that it appeared on the Royal IQ app but wasn't on the app on boarding.

I'm sorry I never saw anything about a minimum age although the tasks are quite difficult so I'm unsure if an 8 year old would feel a little left out.

It was only on sea days on our 13 nighter and it ran 4 times per day. There is only one puzzle room, it isn't changed.

Thanks Kevin!

Just did an escape room in Northport Long Island and it was a blast.

My group of 9 made it out with 22 seconds to spare. It was thrilling.

The woman in charge told us that only about 1 in 5 groups have been making it out in under 60 minutes so we felt pretty proud of ourselves.

We had 2 kids that were 11, My daughter who's 15, 2 twenty somethings and the rest around 50.

It was movie themed and it was good having a diverse group.

I'm sailing Anthem next July and can't wait to tell my group of 12 about this.

It'll be a must do activity!

Wow that must have been an amazing bunch of smart people in the group!

You can book it easily through the Royal iQ App - that's what I did for our group of 9.

And I won't comment the 8 seconds ;)

Ingo, you had to mention it didn't you! [emoji6]