Anyone confirm a fire onboard Splendour of the Seas

RCLcorp ‏@RCLcorp Oct 22
#SplendouroftheSeas update: All systems functional 1 guest, 19 crew treated for smoke inhalation and released. 1 crew still being treated.
Ship will bypass call to Argostoli and proceed to next scheduled stop in Venice.

First RC states on their Twitter page No Injuries.

Then the same day, post otherwise.

They should get the info correct beforehand. :rolleyes:;)

RCLcorp ‏@RCLcorp Oct 22
#SplendouroftheSeas update: All systems functional 1 guest' date=' 19 crew treated for smoke inhalation and released. 1 crew still being treated.
Ship will bypass call to Argostoli and proceed to next scheduled stop in Venice.

[*']

First RC states on their Twitter page No Injuries.

Then the same day, post otherwise.

They should get the info correct beforehand. :rolleyes:;)

And if they had waited to post, you would be complaining about getting no information at all.:rolleyes: They can only post the information they have at the given time.

We are passengers on board SOS - all is fine - we missed Argostoli - steaming to Venice for an on time arrival. The officers and crew were great - keeping us all safe and informed. All in all a great cruise...........with a bit of added excitement!!!!

Hello Gary, I was on the Liberty TA with you a couple of years ago and am glad that everything was handled well.

Were you in an aft balcony?

I became a bit concerned when marine traffic dot com showed the ship heading at 136 knots toward Venice. It was fortunately a glitch as all ship traffic was shown to have similar speedy progress.

I am taking Liberty again out of Bayonne to Galveston on the Repo next week as I wanted to sail on the ship before she is 'enhanced'.

Brad

Hello Gary, I was on the Liberty TA with you a couple of years ago and am glad that everything was handled well.

Were you in an aft balcony?

I became a bit concerned when marine traffic dot com showed the ship heading at 136 knots toward Venice. It was fortunately a glitch as all ship traffic was shown to have similar speedy progress.

I am taking Liberty again out of Bayonne to Galveston on the Repo next week as I wanted to sail on the ship before she is 'enhanced'.

Brad

Ah yes the Liberty TA............I remember you and playing TRASH. We are on the Harmony TA and have 100 people signed up for TRASH.........2 tables of 50 each..........OMG!!!!!! I can still hear "another one bites the dust"!!!!!

Yes we are in our aft cabin - a JS #8082 - we had a bit of ash on the deck chairs but nothing more than usual back there. Right now we are watching lots of water taxi's as there are 2 NCL ships (Jade & Spirit), MSC Poesia and HAL's Rotterdam.............the port is full!!!!

Hope to see you again at sea!!!!

I was also on board & agree with all that crew handled the emergency very well.

We were on deck 6 & were asked to stay in cabin. The woman in the cabin across from us when advised that she had to stay in her cabin repeatedly asked the crew member "why cant I go to the spa".....ummm there is a fire onboard.....I just rolled my eyes...some people can be extremely stupid :)