ship balconies

geejay

DH and I have always booked a covered mini-suite or larger balcony on the Caribe deck. We haven't been on the Royal, Regal or Ruby, Can any of you help me out with cabin/balcony size?

Is there a webpage like the one for the Coral/Island? That is an awesome site, and thanks to whoever did the hard work on it.

Gloria

DH and I have always booked a covered mini-suite or larger balcony on the Caribe deck. We haven't been on the Royal, Regal or Ruby, Can any of you help me out with cabin/balcony size?

Is there a webpage like the one for the Coral/Island? That is an awesome site, and thanks to whoever did the hard work on it.

Gloria

Ruby - minisuite balconies are 9'x6' and uncovered with the exception of 12 minis all the way aft on the Emerald Deck which are fully covered.

Almost all Royal and Regal balcony, deluxe balcony and mini suite cabins have balconies that are 9'x4' and covered. There are a few cabins that are extended and somewhat larger. Check out the deck plans.

For the Ruby, check the aft-facing balcony B4 cabins on Deck 11 - they have obviously much larger balconies. Look at the fine print - some of their views are partially obstructed by a beam. Don't know if these are covered or not, maybe someone else can advise.

Did you click on the ships you are interested in on the ship listing just at the top of this page? These should bring up every post that mentions specific ships and you could then do a search for 'large..' or 'covered balcony' within those threads.

I have looked at deck plans, but can't really tell. How about balcony cabins on the Ruby - are any of them large like the Caribe on the Grand class ship?

On Ruby Princess the balconies on Caribe Deck are large -- half cover, half uncovered. It really doesn't matter because it totally depends on the angle of the sun anyway.

Edited by OCruisers

Gloria

The Ruby is a Grand class ships so the covered mini-suites and Caribe deck balconies are the same.

All cabins on the side are fully covered and the standard is 9'x4'. There are "true aft" deluxe balconies on Baja and Dolphin deck that are like Grand class Caribe deck balconies but soot may be an issue. The first 5 cabins on either side on Emerald deck have larger balconies with metal railings and the forward balconies on Marina and Lido deck are larger. There are also larger balconies in the center "bump-out" section under the Seawalk ant the SeaView bar.

The Ruby is a Grand class ships so the covered mini-suites and Caribe deck balconies are the same.

This statement is not correct. Mini suite balconies are not the same as Caribe deck balconies. On the Ruby there are 12 mini suites, 6 each port and starboard on the Emerald deck all the way aft, that have 9'x6' balconies that are fully covered. All other mini suites are on the Dolphin deck and have 9'x6' balconies that are not covered. All port and starboard cabins on the Caribe deck, excluding 4 HCP cabins, are balcony cat. cabins and have balconies that are 9'x9' half covered. All other port and starboard facing balcony cat. cabins with the exception of HCP cabins and 3 balcony cabins all the way aft on decks 14 and 12 have 9'x5' balconies that are fully covered.

There are a few balcony cat. cabins that face over the stern of the ship that have various size and shaped balconies.

I have looked at deck plans, but can't really tell. How about balcony cabins on the Ruby - are any of them large like the Caribe on the Grand class ship?

The on line Ruby deck plans kind of indicate that Dolphin deck cabins have larger balconies than Caribe deck balconies, but this is not the way it actually is. The deck to deck scale is off. See my posting no. 7 for actual sizes.

As one that has been on many Grand Class ships I can honestly say that all balcony cabins have nice usable size balconies regardless of the deck.

We leave this weekend on the Regal Princess in cabin C428....located port side/Seaview Bar. It has an extended angle balcony...Princess told me it is approximately 9'x9'.....so it appears to be the same size as the Caribe deck balconies on the Crown....and that will make us happy. I will post pictures next week.

I miss that furniture. :(
We were lucky enough to be in cabins with the old furniture until we sailed on the Regal last year. I finally understand the comments about the uncomfortable new furniture. Princess brass in Santa Clarita should be forced to sit on that furniture all day in their offices[emoji33]

It was great on the Caribe balconies with two fixed chairs, two high backed reclining chairs and two footstools [emoji4]

Edited by IECalCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

This is our exact balcony for our upcoming March trip. What was the balcony like? Larger than some? Any pics would be awesome!!

We leave this weekend on the Regal Princess in cabin C428....located port side/Seaview Bar. It has an extended angle balcony...Princess told me it is approximately 9'x9'.....so it appears to be the same size as the Caribe deck balconies on the Crown....and that will make us happy. I will post pictures next week.

Just off the Emerald - Cabin B748 (Baja Deck , Aft Balcony, Port side). The balcony was about 8 by 8 (using my calibrated foot). No obstructions. We had two chairs, two loungers and a small table. Completely covered, but full sun til noonish when heading westbound and in the afternoon when heading eastbound.